• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What can we do? Home Loan Documents Returned by Bank after 5-6 Months

pranaym

TF Buzz
We finished our home loan in June 2023, but I didn't receive the original documents within 30 days as RBI circular ordered every banks. They handed me over the documents when I raised a complaint on Maharashtra bank website, in January 2024. How do I get the reimbursement according to RBI Circular?

D₹V

TF Prestige
We finished our home loan in June 2023, but I didn't receive the original documents within 30 days as RBI circular ordered every banks. They handed me over the documents when I raised a complaint on Maharashtra bank website, in January 2024. How do I get the reimbursement according to RBI Circular?
Now raise complaint in RBI ombudsman against bank for compensation.

pranaym

TF Buzz
Now raise complaint in RBI ombudsman against bank for compensation.
I visited the RBI Complaint page, it says wait for 30 days for the bank to respond. Bank responded to my complaint for original documents but hasn't answered when I mentioned that they are 5 months late in handing over the documents and I want reimbursement for that.
So do you think I should wait for another 30 days for them to respond to that?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I visited the RBI Complaint page, it says wait for 30 days for the bank to respond. Bank responded to my complaint for original documents but hasn't answered when I mentioned that they are 5 months late in handing over the documents and I want reimbursement for that.
So do you think I should wait for another 30 days for them to respond to that?
You should wait from the first complaint to bank.

Mention that in RBI complaint when you do.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can even complain if you are not satisfied with the response. 30 days is only when they don't reply anything.