• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What RUPAY Prepaid Card have you included in your card collection and why?

Finchamp!

TF Premier
Hi Fam!

With the RUPAY Boom, have you guys opted for its pre-paid card variants? If yes, for what purpose? Looking forward to all constructive inputs.

I already had 4 Rupay CCs, before I got PRE-LOAD PepperMoney Rupay NFC card. Why ?

I use PepperMoney pre-load card only if my servant/driver is sent out to get some urgent needies from the market or the neighborhood shop. All of them use tap facility. And, I do not want to give my regular CCs/ATMcards - which usually have large/huge limits n risky. Instead of them, I give this card by loading about 1K or 2K. Safer option. My bank details - not exposed. Easily accepted. Tap/NFC enabled.

viru5678

TF Select
I have IDFC First Power Plus - Rupay card;

1. Rewards on Fuel - HPCL
2. Rewards of IDFC Fasttag Recharge
3. UPI Payments

I find this card very useful for Fuel, Fasttag and UPI Payments.

I already had 4 Rupay CCs, before I got PRE-LOAD PepperMoney Rupay NFC card. Why ?

I use PepperMoney pre-load card only if my servant/driver is sent out to get some urgent needies from the market or the neighborhood shop. All of them use tap facility. And, I do not want to give my regular CCs/ATMcards - which usually have large/huge limits n risky. Instead of them, I give this card by loading about 1K or 2K. Safer option. My bank details - not exposed. Easily accepted. Tap/NFC enabled.
+1
I also use this for the similar reason, but I have given the card to my teenaged daughter. This also keeps a control on the total spending by her.

Also use Slice, but primarily for UPI purposes, linked to a mobile no (and handset) which is not linked to my bank mobile no. Mainly used for small UPI payments.

viru5678

TF Select
How many rp for UPI txn?
Is there min txn rule to get rp?
And how to redeem rp ?
Check this link for complete details;

Roadside assistance of one useful and unique feature I explored on this card. My front tyre burst on Mumbai-Pune expressway and I used this feature free of cost.

Roadside assistance of one useful and unique feature I explored on this card. My front tyre burst on Mumbai-Pune expressway and I used this feature free of cost.
Already read
But didn't find answers to above questions
That's why asked

varun__goel_

TF Legend

To use this do we have to contact idfc bank team or can be raised via app?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC Tata Neu Rupay 8 lakhs (shared with Infinia) and IDFC Power + 19.6 lakhs (shared with Wealth) and Union Bank Rupay Select at 5 lakhs. Don't really use amy of them much. For fuel I have SBI BPCL and Standard Chartered Super Value Platinum cards. Just got is as IDFC started offering a 2nd card and I was on a card collection spree then.

Tata Neu was offered via app and again got it for collection. Used it a few times for Big Basket but generally get better discounts via Infinia and Airtel Axis. Tried it on UPI a few times as a test.

Union Bank was just for collection. Costs 500 per year. Only do a small transaction on it every few months. Used it once when there was 10% discount on Rupay UPI at Vijay Sales.

Generally they are all useless to me as I don't use UPI much except for the very rare small transaction of under 100 where rewards don't matter and you can pay from bank. For everything else, I prefer using tap to pay via credit card. Use it several times per day for all amounts from Rs20 to 5k.

devarshi84

TF Buzz

Is it a standalone rupay card or does it have jcb/discover / Diners logo at the back for international transactions?

viru5678

TF Select
There are posts on the forums where Rupay select card holders (with tieups from JCB, Discover, Diners etc) have had access to international lounges. Hence asked. As you can see on the back of your card, it says "international card".
I called customer care and they confirmed only Domestic lounge once in quarter is free and International is chargeable.