• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trying to build a credit card collection

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys, till now I was using Magnus and making high spends like 1-2 lakh/month. After the devaluation, I felt kind of upset and wanted to get the best credit card in each category. I got Magnus on the c2c using Regalia with 6.4 lakh limit, If I had been loyal to Regalia and made my spends there, I would be having an Infinia by now! Anyhow, have done a little research and have come up with a collection of cards that I am planning to apply for. Please give your suggestions.

Currently holding:
1. Regalia Gold 6.8 Lakh (Paid)- Any way to make it LTF? Should I shift all my spends on this so that I can get Infinia?
2. ICICI Rubxy 4.9 lakh (Paid)- seems like a waste card, but can get ICICI specific discounts on Flipkart. Any way to get it LTF? Or should I just downgrade to Platinum?
3. Magnus 6.8 Lakh (FYF) - doesn't seem very appealing anymore, might close it before next renewal

Recently applied for IDFC First Wealth - showed 8.9 lakh limit (in process) - Did not see much use but got it for lounge access and cash withdrawal from ATM since it was LTF
Recently applied Scapia Federal bank card - Approved with 7.7 lakh limit - for zero forex markup feature and unlimited lounge and since it was LTF

Planning to apply
1. SBI Cash back - best card for all Amazon, Swiggy, Myntra, Flipkart as it gives 5% cashback, I don't have any other card which gives 5% returns on these websites!
2. SBI Doctor's Card - 20 lakh Indemnity insurance at 1500/yr - price is same as getting direct indemnity insurance but you get some extra benefits like 5x rewards of travel and international spends - I want to know if it is worth it and what is the rate of return with 5x points?
3. IDFC Power Plus RuPay - seems like the best fuel card plus it gives rewards on UPI transactions

Is it okay to apply for 4-5 credit cards within a month?
Thanks in advance!

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
just called Amex and they said its available. Kindly suggest which is the best card? I'm new to the world of Amex
For reference

binno

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello guys, till now I was using Magnus and making high spends like 1-2 lakh/month. After the devaluation, I felt kind of upset and wanted to get the best credit card in each category. I got Magnus on the c2c using Regalia with 6.4 lakh limit, If I had been loyal to Regalia and made my spends there, I would be having an Infinia by now! Anyhow, have done a little research and have come up with a collection of cards that I am planning to apply for. Please give your suggestions.

Currently holding:
1. Regalia Gold 6.8 Lakh (Paid)- Any way to make it LTF? Should I shift all my spends on this so that I can get Infinia?
2. ICICI Rubxy 4.9 lakh (Paid)- seems like a waste card, but can get ICICI specific discounts on Flipkart. Any way to get it LTF? Or should I just downgrade to Platinum?
3. Magnus 6.8 Lakh (FYF) - doesn't seem very appealing anymore, might close it before next renewal

Recently applied for IDFC First Wealth - showed 8.9 lakh limit (in process) - Did not see much use but got it for lounge access and cash withdrawal from ATM since it was LTF
Recently applied Scapia Federal bank card - Approved with 7.7 lakh limit - for zero forex markup feature and unlimited lounge and since it was LTF

Planning to apply
1. SBI Cash back - best card for all Amazon, Swiggy, Myntra, Flipkart as it gives 5% cashback, I don't have any other card which gives 5% returns on these websites!
2. SBI Doctor's Card - 20 lakh Indemnity insurance at 1500/yr - price is same as getting direct indemnity insurance but you get some extra benefits like 5x rewards of travel and international spends - I want to know if it is worth it and what is the rate of return with 5x points?
3. IDFC Power Plus RuPay - seems like the best fuel card plus it gives rewards on UPI transactions

Thanks in advance!
you can take coral rupay ltf or apay cc instead of plat ltf

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey. Thanks for the reply.
1. How is Tata Neu better? I hardly shop Croma or travel Vistara
2. Atlas seems good, Vistara Infinite might not be very suitable as I don't travel vistara much (bad connectivity here)
3. How to get this offer?
4. ICICI Amazon Pay seems good but SBI Cashback gives the same benefit across all online platforms and APay card is limited to Amazon. Am I correct?
5. DCB is not being offered to be right now, They had offered FYF once but I didnt take it bcz of the high fees and the fact that it was nothing compared to Magnus back then! ALso, according to HDFC, you cannot downgrade a card once you have upgraded it!

ALso received an update that Amex is available at my pincode, So which one will you suggest in AMEX?
1. For UPI Tata Neu Infinity+ is the Best Card.

2. Go for Atlas then.

3. You have to wait for the Jan-Mar Quarter.

4. SBI CashBack has a maximum spending limit while ICICI APay is providing unlimited cashback + it's LTF.

5. For DCB, you decide on your own.

6. Amex : I suggest you to firstly go for MRCC with referral link then after some time or so you can expand to AMEX Trifecta (MRCC + Gold Charge + Travel Card)

maynigam

TF Premier
1. For UPI Tata Neu Infinity+ is the Best Card.

2. Go for Atlas then.

3. You have to wait for the Jan-Mar Quarter.

4. SBI CashBack has a maximum spending limit while ICICI APay is providing unlimited cashback + it's LTF.

5. For DCB, you decide on your own.

6. Amex : I suggest you to firstly go for MRCC with referral link then after some time or so you can expand to AMEX Trifecta (MRCC + Gold Charge + Travel Card)
1. Will apply for tata neu infinity plus for UPI. What is the reward rate for this?
2. Will replace Magnus with Atlas once FYF period is over
3. Will wait for this offer
4. Max capping is for 1 lakh spends per month right? That seems fair
5. Not being offered DCB. Recently upgraded to Regalia Gold
6. Platinum travel card recently approved! - aiming at getting the suggested 7% return

Was thinking of getting SBI Cashback for online spends like Swiggy, Amazon, Flipkart.
Also thinking of getting IDFC first power plus for fuel spends - around 7% return
Please suggest best card for Rental transaction using bharatnxt

MrNik

TF Buzz

Currently holding:

Planning to apply

Thanks in advance!
wanted to ask one kind question.
gentleman what do you do for living??

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. Will apply for tata neu infinity plus for UPI. What is the reward rate for this?
2. Will replace Magnus with Atlas once FYF period is over
3. Will wait for this offer
4. Max capping is for 1 lakh spends per month right? That seems fair
5. Not being offered DCB. Recently upgraded to Regalia Gold
6. Platinum travel card recently approved! - aiming at getting the suggested 7% return

Was thinking of getting SBI Cashback for online spends like Swiggy, Amazon, Flipkart.
Also thinking of getting IDFC first power plus for fuel spends - around 7% return
Please suggest best card for Rental transaction using bharatnxt
1. 1.5% for UPI, Maximum RP's = 500.

4. Yes, The you can go for SBI CashBack too.