• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the use of MCC

MUDIT JAIN

TF Buzz
I have the basic idea that mcc are codes given by visa,mastercard to stores to identify transaction's type. Lately I encountered some forums on this platforms where people were asking the mcc codes the cc issuer gives cb on? I was wondering what is the use of that because we don't know under which mcc the store has ?

Also the banks have listed the mcc on the t and c
1678804009873.png

Last edited:

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I have the basic idea that mcc are codes given by visa,mastercard to stores to identify transaction's type. Lately I encountered some forums on this platforms where people were asking the mcc codes the cc issuer gives cb on? I was wondering what is the use of that because we don't know under which mcc the store has ?
MCCs are used to classify businesses by the type of goods or services they provide. For example, grocery stores, hotels, and airlines all have different MCCs.

There is no way to know a merchant who is not well known there exact mcc code.
So you have to try there like 10 rs or something to know there mcc code. These are used to make sure you are spending under right category from CC

MUDIT JAIN

TF Buzz
MCCs are used to classify businesses by the type of goods or services they provide. For example, grocery stores, hotels, and airlines all have different MCCs.

There is no way to know a merchant who is not well known there exact mcc code.
So you have to try there like 10 rs or something to know there mcc code. These are used to make sure you are spending under right category from CC
Thanks for your reply. It would be very kind of you to please tell how to find the mcc code after the payment.I have looked everywhere on the net for the same but for no avail

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your reply. It would be very kind of you to please tell how to find the mcc code after the payment.I have looked everywhere on the net for the same but for no avail
For axis, I tried getting it. Escalated till PNO.

phani11

TF Premier

Also the banks have listed the mcc on the t and c
1678804009873.png
Mcc - Merchant Category Code.
4 digit number given by bank union.
You could check on Google for list of mcc.