• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the cooldown period after rejection of Credit Card?

ns130393

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
They do not list this officially anywhere but have heard it to be 6 months in some cases.

Maybe someone can correct me, or you can ask the branch staff of the bank on this

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SBI shows this officially as 90 days after card approval. No idea about cooldown after rejection
For axis, no cooldown after rejection (in my case). After approval, earlier was using call upgrade option for new card without any cooldown, not sure of the current status

anonymuos

TF Ace
Anyone know the cooldown period for Kotak Mahindra credit cards - 3 months or 6 months?

UPDATE: Contacted Kotak customer care who told that the cooldown period is 6 months. They also basically confirmed what I had personally experienced after first Kotak CC rejection - that "pre qualified credit card" or seeing an offer in Kotak app means nothing - they still ask for income proof/docs and hard CIBIL enquiry of course. It's the exact same as applying on your own without any "pre qualified" offer.

Last edited:
My hdfc card was rejected in june
Applied in the basis of 1 month apay
Agent is calling me san saying that sir cooldown period is 3 months pls apply
What should i do its already 5 months past rejection

deep@vie

TF Legend
SBI shows this officially as 90 days after card approval. No idea about cooldown after rejection
For axis, no cooldown after rejection (in my case). After approval, earlier was using call upgrade option for new card without any cooldown, not sure of the current status
fir SBI 1month after card rejection

deep@vie

TF Legend
What should i do its already 5 months past rejection
wait for 1more month for higher chances of approval. you can dm me for assistance.

Rohankore

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What should i do its already 5 months past rejectio got approval after cooldown period of 3 months.

wait for 1more month for higher chances of approval. you can dm me for assistance.
I got approval after cooldown period of 3 months in case of HDFC

Rohankore

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
people get the card approved the very next day of application rejection but these are exceptio

What was your case ,
What was the reason your card was rejected in the first place
Had applied through branch. They took 3 months bank statement. Had got two months salary simultaneously. So they rejected on ground of inconsistent salary deposit. RM asked me to apply after 3 months. After 3 months, had statement showing regular salary deposits, applied again through branch. Got approval in 3-4 days.

Saul Goodman

TF Select
ICICI application can be deleted & new one can be punched at any point of time. yes,hdfc has 6month
Can you pls explain how this can be done?
My ICICI RM asked me to wait for 6 months, and he couldn't do anything about the previously rejected application.