• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

what happens if i pay the premium using credit card, but auto debit is on the saving account?

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
i have the auto debit setup on my HDFC savings account, but i want to pay the premium using my credit card. if i pay the premium using CC much before the due date, will the auto debit still hit, or will they check if its already paid and skip the auto debit automatically?

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
i have the auto debit setup on my HDFC savings account, but i want to pay the premium using my credit card. if i pay the premium using CC much before the due date, will the auto debit still hit, or will they check if its already paid and skip the auto debit automatically?
it will still hit and debit ... I think so

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Here, what kind of premium are we talking ?

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
it will still hit and debit
ahh so what options do I have?

the due date is 17 Sep. can I go to the branch and tell them to cancel? will it still cancel it?
I had read somewhere that that I need to cancel auto debit before at least 12 days.

so can i go to the branch on monday and still try?

Moin

TF Buzz
I have insurance with max life on auto pay, asked them to disable auto debit but was never done, so I made payment using CC 15 days prior before auto debit triggers, later the amount was not debited from my account.

I had cross checked with max life customer support regarding this before using CC to pay premium, do check with insurance service provider support before making the payment.
Different insurance company might have different terms and conditions

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
it will still hit and debit ... I think so
i have paid the preimum using amazon pay today. on the hdfc life website it mentioned that paying premium via this method way lead to paying the preimum twice, and that they wont be responsible. but in the end they had also mentioned that if money is deducted twice it will be refunded to my account. so did i do the right thing?

and what if i dont have sufficient balance in my savings account? will they charge me some extra fees? but i have already paid the premium so...

SonyTom

TF Premier
I have NACH mandate registered for paying premium for an insurance policy taken purchased from my bank (due to pressure from RM). When I filled form for this policy, NACH registration was done and ₹200 was charged for NACH registration. Now I am thinking of paying this premium with credit card before the due date. Will there be double deduction.

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
I have NACH mandate registered for paying premium for an insurance policy taken purchased from my bank (due to pressure from RM). When I filled form for this policy, NACH registration was done and ₹200 was charged for NACH registration. Now I am thinking of paying this premium with credit card before the due date. Will there be double deduction.
I tried it last year with life insurance payment. The auto debit wasn't triggered after i paid it with credit card

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Call your issuer / insurance company for Nach chnage from account to Cc .
They will give u link
U can change to cc/account .