• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird Indian obsession with UPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?

jonamdhar

TF Select
1) You take out your mobile probably 100 times a day...so that action comes natural to you...taking out credit card is a relatively unused action.

2) UPI is the faster payment method in 9 out of 10 places you visit....just for the 10% places you may not what to change your usual flow of making payment.

sahildca

TF Premier
So one should never have a card? It’s bank’s loss anyway if it is misued.
card tou rakho bhaaya but wallet me nahi Phone me (by using credit card on UPI for transactions because UPI provides much more security than physical wallet like SIM and Device binding, Phone passcode lock feature, so that only you can access.

JAMTARTA be like: Itne Tap and pay krenge ki Bank waale chargeback dena bhool jaayenge.

Bro why RBI implement enable/disable option for Tap and Pay? because loss was done for both sides (bank and customer) due to lost card misuse
and most of the people disable Tap and Pay feature.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?
Not only Indian, the world is obsessed with the payment service which doesn't require any fees. Country like US, china also have similar system.

Not all educated ppl are good with money.. many ppl that i know is in credit card debt.

UPI has lot of benefits, You don't require any card, just carry the phone, and you're good.

Yes, I have also faced UPI failing problem.. its frustrating i know.. so do card can fail.. technical issue can happen with everything.

You can also get reward with rupay UPI.

Don't post bs just cus you had frustrating experience at haldirams. Don't bash upi. It have Transformed The Nation.

And with up those classist remarks "UPI is only good for poor & uneducated ppl". Get your reality Checked!

gautampai

TF Select
Not only Indian, the world is obsessed with the payment service which doesn't require any fees. Country like US, china also have similar system.

Not all educated ppl are good with money.. many ppl that i know is in credit card debt.

UPI has lot of benefits, You don't require any card, just carry the phone, and you're good.

Yes, I have also faced UPI failing problem.. its frustrating i know.. so do card can fail.. technical issue can happen with everything.

You can also get reward with rupay UPI.

Don't post bs just cus you had frustrating experience at haldirams. Don't bash upi. It have Transformed The Nation.

And with up those classist remarks "UPI is only good for poor & uneducated ppl". Get your reality Checked!
Abhi 2 minute pehle dusre account se dekha na Maine same message 🤔😂

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
OP be like:

99091738.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.