• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird UPI issue

gowthamv

TF Premier
Hi,

We are using PhonePe QR for receiving UPI payments for our retail shop.

And we are using Paytm POS for Card transactions.

In both, my dad’s mobile number(40113) is linked as primary number and shop’s current account is attached. So the regular payments gets settled to that Kotak Current Account. My dad’s mobile number(40113) is registered in Kotak.

Shop’s Mobile Number (40112) is linked as secondary number in both Paytm and PhonePe.

Now the issue is, when customers types (98xxx40112) in either Phonepe or Paytm, Shop’s name is correctly displayed under Business Category. But there is another name which is displayed as a personal contact which we do not have any relation.

And we have not used the shop’s number (40112) in any of the bank accounts.
Many people are sending the amount to the incorrect recipient.

How to solve this issue? How our mobile number can be registered in someone else’s name in both Paytm and Phonepe?

gowthamv

TF Premier
Found another thing.

I downloaded the Paytm App in Shop’s mobile and logged in using Shop’s mobile number(40112).

Received OTP. Logged into Paytm.

I can see a random bank account linked to the Paytm account. (Pragathi Krishan Gramin Bank). And also UPI number is set as (40112).

I think this might be a serious issue. How can someone link their bank account when the mobile number is with me. How did they receive OTP to login into UPI apps.
How did the bank link my mobile number to someone else’s account?

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Found another thing.

I downloaded the Paytm App in Shop’s mobile and logged in using Shop’s mobile number(40112).

Received OTP. Logged into Paytm.

I can see a random bank account linked to the Paytm account. (Pragathi Krishan Gramin Bank). And also UPI number is set as (40112).

I think this might be a serious issue. How can someone link their bank account when the mobile number is with me. How did they receive OTP to login into UPI apps.
How did the bank link my mobile number to someone else’s account?
Remove linked bank... your shop number might have used by someone else before... thats why facing issue... remove linked bank n link your bank for the same...

Will resolved everything...

This happens generally... thats why whenever i buy new sim , i ask fresh sim that has never used... also check that number on true caller...

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Remove linked bank... your shop number might have used by someone else before... thats why facing issue... remove linked bank n link your bank for the same...

This happens generally... thats why whenever i buy new sim , i ask fresh sim that has never used... also check that number on true caller...
You're absolutely correct sir.

One of my friend was facing similar problems because his mobile number was previously issued to someone else.
He was receiving loan recovery calls from different banks for the previous owner.

This mobile number recycling is causing too much issues these days.

gowthamv

TF Premier

You're absolutely correct sir.

One of my friend was facing similar problems because his mobile number was previously issued to someone else.
He was receiving loan recovery calls from different banks for the previous owner.

Thanks for your response guys!

So recycled number is the issue here.

Should I call the particular branch and ask them to change the mobile number?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Inactive UPI IDs and UPI Number will be deactivated after 1 year

Trust Me

TF Ace

With so many unanticipated new uses of mobile numbers these days, they should be made unique, with no recycling possible (like Aadhaar nos, and bank accounts). Add a couple more digits if necessary.