• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vistara free ticket voucher validity circus

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just found out to my disgust that the vistara voucher validity is the same as flight date validity. So even though I have a voucher with me right now which will expire in May I would not be able to book a flight in June for example even if I am making the booking today. What a rubbish rule. In their terms and conditions no where is the flight date mentioned. So after getting the card I cannot even take a one year period as flying date.

No wonder these vouchers are getting misused like trash as genuine bookings are cock blocked like this. Immediately discontinuing my idfc card

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah, was surprised when I heard it but that's how they've set them up.

This is probably taking it a little too far, the validity should be the date when the bookings can be done, travel date could be any, how does it matter.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just found out to my disgust that the vistara voucher validity is the same as flight date validity. So even though I have a voucher with me right now which will expire in May I would not be able to book a flight in June for example even if I am making the booking today. What a rubbish rule. In their terms and conditions no where is the flight date mentioned. So after getting the card I cannot even take a one year period as flying date.

No wonder these vouchers are getting misused like trash as genuine bookings are cock blocked like this. Immediately discontinuing my idfc card
They give you the time frame of Total 9 Months to book one ticket and the card is for FF of Vistara. If the FF remains the same after the merger with Air India then in my eyes it will be the Best FF Program in the world. The destination you'll get access to visit in India with Increase Drastically.

telescope

TF Ace
Whats the ticket value of a VOUCHER you get from IDFC for Vistara?
It has no specific value. You can book any domestic flight. For maximum value, book it on the longest distance possible, such as delhi-andaman. If short distance flight is booked, then it's of lower value. Better to book with points/cash in that case.

It has no specific value. You can book any domestic flight. For maximum value, book it on the longest distance possible, such as delhi-andaman. If short distance flight is booked, then it's of lower value. Better to book with points/cash in that case.
So regardeless of the flight price , it can he redeemed ?

telescope

TF Ace
So regardeless of the flight price , it can he redeemed ?
Yes. But remember, connecting flights with different flight numbers are not allowed. Only non-stop flights and one stop flights with same flight number (example delhi port blair flight is via kolkata but same flight number) is allowed.
And check availability by calling customer care before voucher issuance.

Ankitjaat34

TF Buzz
Yes. But remember, connecting flights with different flight numbers are not allowed. Only non-stop flights and one stop flights with same flight number (example delhi port blair flight is via kolkata but same flight number) is allowed.
And check availability by calling customer care before voucher issuance.
One way flight can be booked using voucher you cannot book connected flights