• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Use cases to get 5% cashback from SBI cashback card

Dharm

TF Premier
I recently got SBI cashback card, as my old SBI card is closed due to some issue.

But after receiving card without FYF offer, I got to know that card is already devalued, now need suggestion where can I spend to get 5% cashback, so that my Joining fee can be recovered.

As I already have Amazon ICICI card and Flipkart axis card as lifetime free cards, shopping on Amazon and Flipkart can be done via these cards.

As utility, government payment, education, insurence, wallet load, gift card purchase are already excluded for cashback, so Please suggest other options to get 5% real cashback with this card. Looks like I should not applied for this card, as not able to figure out, how to recover joining fee, currently I am only using this card for Milkbasket subscription (hope atleast will get 5% there)

If anyone can suggest other use cases in daily routine life to get 5% cashback, heard Amazon gift card 5% cashback also not available to get discount on utility bills

sharma

TF Premier
How to get this sbi cashback cc.
I had almost all banks cards except amex, pnb and yes which I never cared to get.

But I need sbi cashback card but got declined stating I'm having more cards already.
What to do

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@S S V and others:
In the exclusion table, under utilities, the exclusion of 9399 is for NPS payment (not all government trnx). Advance tax MCC is 9311 (checked own tranx done last year) which may give 5% (in fact in some other thread mentioned that it gives on this MCC. So, anyone wants to try. Else, I will try later in the year.

No cb on government trx. Maybe mentioned in some other tnc

you know what.. somehow I missed this point... According to the below T&c .. It sholud give CB .. guess what, not 1% perhaps maybe 5% the way I see it..
subject to max of 5k per statement period ...Pls do let us know in case you use this option .. I could be wrong but would like to know..

1703076832279.png