• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent! IHG vs Marriott

G M

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IHG
cost of a room - 3500
points required - 7000

Marriott
cost of a room - 3300
points required - 26000.

why are Marriott rooms 3x the points required by IHG?

it doesn't make clear sense for me to convert ER points to Bonvoy points if I have IHG as an option from a value stand point. Am I missing anything?

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
chennai - holiday inn express thoraipakkam(7000 pts)
chennai - four points by Sheraton Chennai OMR(26000 pts)
Marriot points are only worth for exotic locations like maldives.

Check accor, it provides best value of around 1.8.

Just for an example, Ibis Chennai OMR cost of room = 4617. Using 2000 points (worth 3606), amount payable is just 1011.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_234258_Accor All.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_234258_Accor All.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 26

G M

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Marriot points are only worth for exotic locations like maldives.

Check accor, it provides best value of around 1.8.

Just for an example, Ibis Chennai OMR cost of room = 4617. Using 2000 points (worth 3606), amount payable is just 1011.
but I am wondering why Marriott is so expensive with points? aren't we losing a lot of value?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
but I am wondering why Marriott is so expensive with points? aren't we losing a lot of value?
i think ppl transfer to marriott mainly for amex as that is better ratio compared to airlines.. IHG is not an option in amex.. from axis or hdfc it is generally not good value to transfer to marriott.. and lastly marriott has large network is India compared to IHG or Hyatt..
strictly points value marriott i think is poor compared to Accor or IHG or Hyatt but none of these are options with Amex.. Marriott gives good value for points for hotels were per night stay rate is upwards of Rs.15k..

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Sheraton Mahabalipuram is cheaper,i recently stayed there using 11k points per day
Good to hear 🤝
As per my usage of ITC Marriott Bonvoy use MB for international to get full use of points
Within India ITC and Accor best value as of now
IHG did u converted Axis bank points?
Can we book by points in IHG like Marriott Bonvoy pls let me know

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
IHG
cost of a room - 3500
points required - 7000

Marriott
cost of a room - 3300
points required - 26000.

why are Marriott rooms 3x the points required by IHG?

it doesn't make clear sense for me to convert ER points to Bonvoy points if I have IHG as an option from a value stand point. Am I missing anything?
IHG is far better in terms of points and hospitality, I have been in both the points requirement in Marriot is insane that's called devaluation that happen in last month in Marriot

Last edited: