• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade HDFC Savings Account - FULLY DIGITAL

Pollex

TF Premier
Good you got it for 4, depends from branch to branch. I told him I got it for 5.5L.
I wasn’t flexing or anything. Your intial statement came off as a blanket declaration of sorts that you need to do IP of more than 5L. I was just stating thats not the norm and there are exceptions.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I wasn’t flexing or anything. Your intial statement came off as a blanket declaration of sorts that you need to do IP of more than 5L. I was just stating thats not the norm and there are exceptions.
My initial statement is there only. You can check it, I said I got it for 5.5L I didn't mean it's 5.5L.

Was there any point like it's standard or something there?

sparkit

TF Premier
Contributor
Just for preferred 2L is enough
Hi guys, I created the savings max account with 2L initial funding. The branch guy told me he already modified the status to preferred in the client CRM while applying. But in NetBanking the preferred status is not updated. Will it be automatically updated or I have to send mail to customer care?

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If I opt for 45 L FD for my mom in HDFC by opening senior citizen account or Maxx saving account. Will it be upgraded to imperia as 30L FD relationship is required ?

If yes, I will later regular saving account for myself later & request linking with my mom's imperia program under family banking to make ot 0 MAB.

Any suggestions how to proceed ? I am out of town, will visit branch next week.

doraemon

TF Ace
If I opt for 45 L FD for my mom in HDFC by opening senior citizen account or Maxx saving account. Will it be upgraded to imperia as 30L FD relationship is required ?

If yes, I will later regular saving account for myself later & request linking with my mom's imperia program under family banking to make ot 0 MAB.

Any suggestions how to proceed ? I am out of town, will visit branch next week.
Yeah u can do that
First of all call bm/rm to send u imperia invite link and then consent on that link

U will get updated next day
Then call rm and ask him/her to upgrade your family member account to imperia.

Extra tip: he/she may ask for initial funding in family member account though it's not required (but they push for that)
So if u can afford do that and then process will be smooth.

Your family members account will be upgraded very next working day
U can add upto 8 members

Just basic question?
Why 45L fd in HDFC Bank?
Max they are giving is 7.25% I think
There are better banks for fds like au Bank or any sfb
Upto 5lac is safe

So u can keep 30L in fd in HDFC and move rest in 5l multiples in those banks

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah u can do that
First of all call bm/rm to send u imperia invite link and then consent on that link

U will get updated next day
Then call rm and ask him/her to upgrade your family member account to imperia.

Extra tip: he/she may ask for initial funding in family member account though it's not required (but they push for that)
So if u can afford do that and then process will be smooth.

Your family members account will be upgraded very next working day
U can add upto 8 members

Just basic question?
Why 45L fd in HDFC Bank?
Max they are giving is 7.25% I think
There are better banks for fds like au Bank or any sfb
Upto 5lac is safe

So u can keep 30L in fd in HDFC and move rest in 5l multiples in those banks
I checked its showing 7.75 % FD interest rate for senior citizens for 5 years & more.

I don't trust AU or IDFC. Already have account with SBI & BOB. Have FDs with them.

doraemon

TF Ace
I checked its showing 7.75 % FD interest rate for senior citizens for 5 years & more.

I don't trust AU or IDFC. Already have account with SBI & BOB. Have FDs with them.
Yeah for senior citizen rate is 7.75 For >/ 5years

Trust issue is there especially in idfc where they put freeze on UPI transactions

Au I have not faced any issue and there is no thread on freeze by au here as well
I have been using that for my merchant qr transaction and also having fds upto of 4.8L amount also it depends on branch as well my city has au branch near by and folks are good there so I trust them for my needs also 8% for 18 months is good

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah for senior citizen rate is 7.75 For >/ 5years

Trust issue is there especially in idfc where they put freeze on UPI transactions

Au I have not faced any issue and there is no thread on freeze by au here as well
I have been using that for my merchant qr transaction and also having fds upto of 4.8L amount also it depends on branch as well my city has au branch near by and folks are good there so I trust them for my needs also 8% for 18 months is good
I will think about AU when I need to keep FD for myself in future.

Right now trying to go with HDFC by using mom's FD for imperia banking then I will join the club. Currently only have Tata neu with hdfc. No other relationship.