• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unmasking Deceptive Advertising: AU Small Finance Banks' SwipeUp Program and Its Impact on Credit Reports

SmartSave

TF Premier
How come they are giving data from test org / sandbox to rbi this is disgusting.

Exactly. That's why I said this bank is not only misleading customers but now trying to mislead RBI by providing such screenshots which can easily be adjusted to favor their narrative. I hope RBI is smart enough and actually reads my response with facts/evidence and takes an action, not just ignore and act like a communication channel and close the case.

Exactly. That's why I said this bank is not only misleading customers but now trying to mislead RBI by providing such screenshots which can easily be adjusted to favor their narrative. I hope RBI is smart enough and actually reads my response with facts/evidence and takes an action, not just ignore and act like a communication channel and close the case.

They will do exactly that. RBI guys NEVER EVER understand any operational aspect of practical banking processes. They know only policy matters. They do not have any idea of the software Bankers use - leave alone the technical aspects. They don't even read or make an attempt to understand the technical side of banking.

SmartSave

TF Premier
They will do exactly that. RBI guys NEVER EVER understand any operational aspect of practical banking processes. They know only policy matters. They do not have any idea of the software Bankers use - leave alone the technical aspects. They don't even read or make an attempt to understand the technical side of banking.

That's shocking. So the banks or even customers could potentially just fake things and get away :O

What is even the point of all this reporting then. It feels like a mediator just to pass one message to another and vice versa. Hopeless.

I guess this would be the final end to this journey if they close the case without reading or taking any proper action. IDK what's beyond RBI to pursue anymore. Have exhausted all the methods.

But let's see, keeping my fingers crossed hoping some sensible person to my luck reads the reply and takes it seriously.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
That's shocking. So the banks or even customers could potentially just fake things and get away :O
Normal people will get booked for forgery which is a serious crime to have next to your name but banks probably are not at that risk as they are an entity and can collectively lie. 😕

On the field, there is multi-fold development in the way banking industry progressed in the last 10-20 years.

From manual to partial computerisation to full computerisation to core banking system to alternative delivery channels to online net banking to mobile banking to digital/UPI.

Such drastic changes n developments did not take place in RBI. Despite having less than 3 dozen branches/ROs/ZOs, they are NOT that fast in upgrading their systems or processes or technical human resources.

Anyone can easily get away with their "expertise" in these matters.

SmartSave

TF Premier
Update: RBI closed the case finally with non-appealable clause favouring the bank as expected. It is unfortunate the RBI didn't properly read my reply nor demanded the so-called 6 digits of the existing credit card number that was never asked to me while the bank lied to RBI that the customer did give upon which it goes to the next screen.

It looks like banks can easily fool RBI (Sorry to say this) with misleading replies and bogus screenshots and RBI would accept it meanwhile overlook customers evidence and replies.

I guess this ends this case here. It was a long battle, at the end the evil corp wins but I'm happy I stood my ground, took a stand, and at least tried to put up a fight for my principles. The results may not have been in our favour but I'm sure in coming years as people Google about this bank, they'll come across this thread and that should be a wakeup call to such individuals to think multiple times before dealing with this bank.

Remember, your money, your account, your data, you're responsible and you should be the one protecting it. Bank or RBI neither will help you when you're screwed, so always be cautious when dealing with Banks/NBFCs, they can flaunt rules and get away but you'll be the one at the losing end. Cheers and Thanks to everyone that were involved throughout!

Bravo SmartSave...

You did a great job. You are an outsider fighting such wrongs in the system. Being an insider (in PNB and later in SBI), I too did a number of such scoops - but except one or two - mostly vanished without a trace. However, after 2 or 3 years, the systems change - as there was no choice.

I really appreciate the effort you have put in. And, as you said, everyone must think multiple times before dealing with this bank. Good solo job done. Congratulations for doing what you did. An exemplary task well done.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Just seeing this thread now. First of all congrats to @SmartSave for this huge effort in trying to fight against them.
I had also faced the same problem - basically what I understood is -
On one particular page, the Swipe Up program link does not take you to the Swipe Up journey. It takes to the normal card application only.

It is a problem with the website. (In fact, there are 4-5 places where they tell about the swipe-up program, but if u click one of them, it will not take you to swipeup. It goes to the normal cc application route.)
I had faced the same issue, I ended up getting a LIT card. (Because, all over their website says swipe up, but no one knows there are 2 paths.)
Then I mailed them to cancel the application, waited for 45 days, and then again applied - got Xcite Ultra LTF through Swipe Up.

Swipe Up = Enter your card 6 digits. If you don't see this soon after entering your mobile number, then understand that it is not swiping up, they are swiping down. :)

There is one member here @deep@vie who works for AU I think. Hope you have already connected with him.

ReloadFin

TF Buzz
Update: RBI closed the case finally with non-appealable clause favouring the bank as expected. It is unfortunate the RBI didn't properly read my reply nor demanded the so-called 6 digits of the existing credit card number that was never asked to me while the bank lied to RBI that the customer did give upon which it goes to the next screen.

It looks like banks can easily fool RBI (Sorry to say this) with misleading replies and bogus screenshots and RBI would accept it meanwhile overlook customers evidence and replies.

I guess this ends this case here. It was a long battle, at the end the evil corp wins but I'm happy I stood my ground, took a stand, and at least tried to put up a fight for my principles. The results may not have been in our favour but I'm sure in coming years as people Google about this bank, they'll come across this thread and that should be a wakeup call to such individuals to think multiple times before dealing with this bank.

Remember, your money, your account, your data, you're responsible and you should be the one protecting it. Bank or RBI neither will help you when you're screwed, so always be cautious when dealing with Banks/NBFCs, they can flaunt rules and get away but you'll be the one at the losing end. Cheers and Thanks to everyone that were involved throughout!
It's sad you've to accept that unfair/malpractice, if apex regulator not listening then courts can be a option.
But again it's all time consuming and money exhausting way. But but HC's and SC nowadays working in unpredictable ways (u u lalit made sweat to some senior lawyers in recent times). I too have this kind of thing where state government refused to acknowledge their employees which employed by government on regular basis (legally) But still fight is on, review writ (by govt) is pending and getting delayed hearings due to government's tactics. So don't get settled with apex regulator's response as verdict.
Just today i went through this thread in one go.

Thansk

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Good. I had already told you that this was a needless battle and you had absolutely no grounds. No harm was done to you and AU procedures were fully correct. There is no way a bank can check your eligibility for a credit card without checking your credit report. Whenever you do such a check, you can expect an enquiry whether they expressly state so or not. It's good to fight for your rights but it's also wise to not waste time and energy on useless matters.

SmartSave

TF Premier
Good. I had already told you that this was a needless battle and you had absolutely no grounds. No harm was done to you and AU procedures were fully correct. There is no way a bank can check your eligibility for a credit card without checking your credit report. Whenever you do such a check, you can expect an enquiry whether they expressly state so or not. It's good to fight for your rights but it's also wise to not waste time and energy on useless matters.

This was not a needless battle, just because bank fooled RBI and RBI wouldn't properly analyze facts and favour bank does not make AU bank right in this case. AU was never correct in my particular case. AU has explicitly said to RBI that I gave them 6 digit credit card number upon which they checked the eligibility however, I was never asked for the 6 digit credit card number, so AU SFB blatantly lied and RBI accepted their lie without proper investigating.

In my response, all I asked to AU SFB and RBI was to show me that 6 digit credit card number that they claimed I gave them and they completely ignored that because they do not have anything as such in their records because it was never asked to me. It's a buggy system and they continue to fool customers, fool RBI and fool themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up like PayTM's faith if they keep abusing and exploiting rules and keep fooling RBI. There will be a day when they'll get caught engaging in malpractices. This did not involved financials, so things didn't require much attention from RBI or anyone but when it does, we'll see a different story.

Krndeep

TF Buzz
Mine is bit similar, in my case a mere cibil hit as on email they said I'm approved for these 3 x, y, z cards on LTF but their system declined the application, LTF not even in the picture

SmartSave

TF Premier
I think if you are driven, you can approach Consumer Court. An online approach would be through eDakhil portal.

I'm not sure if Consumer Court would deal in such cases considering there wasn't any transaction involved nor any product was purchased. But regardless, I don't think I have enough bandwidth to go after them at this point.

In addition to that, I believe they'll be responsible for their own destruction considering this could've very much been resolved amicably, had they taken it as a constructive feedback from the customer and worked on rectifying the glitches but they chose the wrong path, so I wouldn't really be surprised if in few years they end up like PPBL.

Chasing the growth at the cost of losing customers is not gonna take them far. Even investors will eventually pull plugs and it's a matter of time before customers one by one start moving away, every customer matters for a business and it's because of them they get to operate :)

xfactcc

TF Premier
I'm not sure if Consumer Court would deal in such cases considering there wasn't any transaction involved nor any product was purchased. But regardless, I don't think I have enough bandwidth to go after them at this point.

In addition to that, I believe they'll be responsible for their own destruction considering this could've very much been resolved amicably, had they taken it as a constructive feedback from the customer and worked on rectifying the glitches but they chose the wrong path, so I wouldn't really be surprised if in few years they end up like PPBL.

Chasing the growth at the cost of losing customers is not gonna take them far. Even investors will eventually pull plugs and it's a matter of time before customers one by one start moving away, every customer matters for a business and it's because of them they get to operate :)
Like others I was touched by your perseverance and passion, hence suggested.

Consumer Court can take this dispute, since you have been deceived by the business as a consumer and suffered wrongful loss, i.e., unsolicited credit enquiry leading to potentially affected credit score, you can seek reversal and compensation for harassment.

Your reasoning and responses can be effective here, since unlike RBI BO, CDRFs give you multiple chances to give rejoinders

It is free for disputes below Rs. 5 lakh, but yes, it will take you more time, effort, and breach of mental peace. But, if you win, the glory is equally satisfying (I have recently 'won' a case against ICICI Bank at RBI BO for incorrect CIBIL entry with compensation granted, I can relate).

You know what their argument, contentions, and tactics are to challenge you because of your last experience, you may be better suited to tackle them now with this knowledge. If you go forwards, let me know.

You any case, your effort is appreciated. :)

Do not pay heed to nay-sayers and their unproductive discouragements

Last edited:

SmartSave

TF Premier
Like others I was touched by your perseverance and passion, hence suggested.

Consumer Court can take this dispute, since you have been deceived by the business as a consumer and suffered wrongful loss, i.e., unsolicited credit enquiry leading to potentially affected credit score, you can seek reversal and compensation for harassment.

Your reasoning and responses can be effective here, since unlike RBI BO, CDRFs give you multiple chances to give rejoinders

It is free for disputes below Rs. 5 lakh, but yes, it will take you more time, effort, and breach of mental peace. But, if you win, the glory is equally satisfying (I have recently 'won' a case against ICICI Bank for incorrect CIBIL entry with compensation granted, I can relate).

You know what their argument, contentions, and tactics are to challenge you because of your last experience, you may be better suited to tackle them now with this knowledge. If you go forwards, let me know.

You any case, your effort is appreciated. :)

Do not pay heed to nay-sayers and their unproductive discouragements

Interesting POV. Appreciate your input on this.

Quick questions:

1. How long did your case go on for? Timeline?
2. Do we need a lawyer?
3. How many times do we need to attend and are these all online? offline? Video/Audio/Text? New to this.
4. Any helpful resources/guides that can help in all this processes?

I thought to ask this via DM but then realised it would serve as a helpful information to fellow members through our public discourse.

xfactcc

TF Premier
Interesting POV. Appreciate your input on this.

Quick questions:

1. How long did your case go on for? Timeline?
2. Do we need a lawyer?
3. How many times do we need to attend and are these all online? offline? Video/Audio/Text? New to this.
4. Any helpful resources/guides that can help in all this processes?

I thought to ask this via DM but then realised it would serve as a helpful information to fellow members through our public discourse.
Sorry, you misunderstood the line where I said I have own a case against ICICI Bank, it was at RBI BO not at CDRF. I should've mentioned. Corrected. I have made a post about it on TF.

I am yet to file a case in CDRF, but I will soon, I have a grievance.

So, I will be able to answer only some questions:
2. Not necessarily, you can represent yourself or through advocate, I have heard for self-representation sufficient leeway is afforded
3. Depending on the case, online hearing attendance is available if they follow, you can also file rejoinders online
4. Youtube, the website resources, Quora etc. for me.

Cases can go on for several months to a year or two depending on the nuances or complexity of the case.

When I file a case there, perhaps I will give you a heads up.