• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Union Bank Credit card Application Experience

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sorry for the long post :(

Hi TF mates. Sharing my union Bank credit card application experience, which is still in process. (UPDATE- CLOSED ALL RELATIONSHIPS WITH UNION BANK)

Like few people in the community I also like to have credit card collection.

So last week I thought of applying union Bank credit card. First I went to their website to apply the credit card but the website link is broken. After entering all the details in the website I got an error and it asked to visit the bank for further process completion.

Next day when I visited the branch, as usual like other PSU banks they ask me to open a bank account with them. I was fully prepared and took all the documents needed. Then I filled up the 5 page form and given documents. Told once my account gets activated I can apply the credit card.
Next day the account got activated and I took the credit card application form. Strange thing they told apart from KYC document they need my 3 years ITR and 3 years Form 16. As I had only 2 years of ITR and form 16, they agreed and I submitted the documents for credit card. One thing the manager told they only consider ITR for the credit card application and credit limit and don't consider card to card or salary slip income proofs.

On the same day of application i.e. 1st June, I got a CIBIL enquiry from Union Bank for credit card. After 4 days on 5th May I got another enquiry from Union Bank, but this time the enquiry type is "Loan against fixed deposit".

I visited the branch again to enquiry. This time the manager told that the first CIBIL enquiry was not completed successfully due to some system crash, but second time CIBIL enquiry was done for only credit card. I showed her the enquiry type but she refuse to accept their fault.

Now the most irritating thing of the day when I heard from her that I need to submit all of my credit card's 16 digit numbers, issuer bank and credit limit in a blank paper, in order to process my Union Bank credit card application.
I told her I have more than 40 credit cards and hard ro fulfill this request for just a credit card application.
Now she told with attitude if you want the credit card then you have to follow the banks process. When I asked is it safe to provide credit card number as RBI only advises that never share your card information to anyone, then the manager was like I don't know if it safe, but its in our process, if you want the card then you have to submitted the details.

Now I don't know I should really go for the card. But one thing for sure, majority of the PSU banks have worst application process and strange documents demands when it comes to credit card application process.

I have attached my CIBIL enquiry image also which I am thinking to raise a dispute first with bank and then CIBIL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-06-04-52-56-22_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-06-04-52-56-22_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

adi654

TF Buzz
they are quite poor in service.. cibil will happen and no card will come.. nothing special about ubi.. can be avoided
Nothing sort of that happened with me.Existing customer of Ubi and not much transactions also.

This is back in January 2023.
I just opened the credit card website .entered mobile number and details..then Cibil enquiry boom..the card got approved .

U can immediately login app with details and create a virtual card and use immediately

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Hi TF mates. Sharing my union Bank credit card application experience, which is still in process. (UPDATE- CLOSED ALL RELATIONSHIPS WITH UNION BANK)

So last week I thought of applying union Bank credit card. First I went to their website to apply the credit card but the website link is broken. After entering all the details in the website I got an error and it asked to visit the bank for further process completion.

Next day when I visited the branch, as usual like other PSU banks they ask me to open a bank account with them. I was fully prepared and took all the documents needed. Then I filled up the 5 page form and given documents. Told once my account gets activated I can apply the credit card.
Next day the account got activated and I took the credit card application form. Strange thing they told apart from KYC document they need my 3 years ITR and 3 years Form 16. As I had only 2 years of ITR and form 16, they agreed and I submitted the documents for credit card. One thing the manager told they only consider ITR for the credit card application and credit limit and don't consider card to card or salary slip income proofs.

On the same day of application i.e. 1st June, I got a CIBIL enquiry from Union Bank for credit card. After 4 days on 5th May I got another enquiry from Union Bank, but this time the enquiry type is "Loan against fixed deposit".

I visited the branch again to enquiry. This time the manager told that the first CIBIL enquiry was not completed successfully due to some system crash, but second time CIBIL enquiry was done for only credit card. I showed her the enquiry type but she refuse to accept their fault.

Now the most irritating thing of the day when I heard from her that I need to submit all of my credit card's 16 digit numbers, issuer bank and credit limit in a blank paper, in order to process my Union Bank credit card application.
I told her I have more than 40 credit cards and hard ro fulfill this request for just a credit card application.
Now she told with attitude if you want the credit card then you have to follow the banks process. When I asked is it safe to provide credit card number as RBI only advises that never share your card information to anyone, then the manager was like I don't know if it safe, but its in our process, if you want the card then you have to submitted the details.

Now I don't know I should really go for the card. But one thing for sure, majority of the PSU banks have worst application process and strange documents demands when it comes to credit card application process.

I have attached my CIBIL enquiry image also which I am thinking to raise a dispute first with bank and then CIBIL.
I have had a similar experience. Told to open savings account to apply for credit card and when I did they rejected by credit card application saying that I exceeded by credit limit across banking industry. I have attached their reply. Hope I had seen this thread before going through all the hassel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_160529_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_160529_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 33

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have had a similar experience. Told to open savings account to apply for credit card and when I did they rejected by credit card application saying that I exceeded by credit limit across banking industry. I have attached their reply. Hope I had seen this thread before going through all the hassel
Interesting. I have well over 1 crore limit across 25 plus cards and they approved me without any documents or questions.

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Stupidest response i have ever seen.

lightwaves

TF Premier

Is this worth taking the effort and stress?