• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

U2-approval over leveraged rejection reason for SBI Cards - Possible reasons and solution

vijay.vj

TF Ace
In my opinion, firstly, the culprit here is banks reporting duplicate limits to CIBIL. Next comes the total credit limit debt exposure, which is overleveraging for SBI. I don't think the number of cards is the reason.

I have an SBI Cashback card, but when applying for a core SBI card, I was rejected twice.
Regarding core card, what was the reason... did you manage to get core card later on?

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think overleveraging should be the reason (I didn't find out at that time). It's been around 5 months since my last rejection. I will try to apply again after a month offline (perhaps at any kiosk in the mall or airport). If I am still rejected again, I will have no option but to escalate.

Last edited:
Reactions: ast

NTT

TF Buzz
Then 2 accounts in cibil.

You should check income details mismatch. Is your profile updated in all banks?
hi.. What do you mean by "Profile" updation in banks.

I am asking because I can see something like that in my bank (ICICI) mobile app but they never enforce that by any medium.. no mail.. no message.. no calls.. no pop up in app.

That thing appeared to me like a Desirable/Optional thing and not something important for either party (Bank and customer) otherwise by not it would have been enforced by any means.

My account is more than 10 years old (ICICI Bank)

Please share what that "Profile" thing means and how important that is and how that is beneficial to customers.

NTT

TF Buzz
Axis is still fine. For some unlucky people after they upgrade their card, hdfc is still reporting old cc as active. As the original card was upgraded not cancelled, they can't do anything about it.😑
So what should one do when offered with card upgrade offer ? can we ask them in writing that current card will deem to be cancelled in credit bureaus before/after upgradation.?

Will they honour such conditions ? Or shall we lose the opportunity of upgrade ?

What can be the safe way out considering the context of this thread.

sidp

TF Ace
Please share what that "Profile" thing means and how important that is and how that is beneficial to customers.
In netbanking there should be a profile section where it should have all your details: your address, itr, type of income etc.
Problem is most of the time these details are input by a bank agent. And banks have different options. One bank would have freelance, other self employed. Some bank dont have salary option for self employed. So one bank would report income through salary, other as business income. Some don't allow special characters.

So if you apply many loans/cc frequently, each different variations are stored in cibil even though all of it are same. If one issuer gets suspicious why there are so many address/mobile/income details, they put derogatory remarks for inconsistent details.

After that it is difficult to get new loan/cc, especially from amex, sbi and axis. So better to take care it before that happens.
You can either use one address proof to update in all banks or manually file dispute in cibil & when they don't update, file rbi complaint.

NTT

TF Buzz
In netbanking there should be a profile section where it should have all your details: your address, itr, type of income etc.
Problem is most of the time these details are input by a bank agent. And banks have different options. One bank would have freelance, other self employed. Some bank dont have salary option for self employed. So one bank would report income through salary, other as business income. Some don't allow special characters.

So if you apply many loans/cc frequently, each different variations are stored in cibil even though all of it are same. If one issuer gets suspicious why there are so many address/mobile/income details, they put derogatory remarks for inconsistent details.

After that it is difficult to get new loan/cc, especially from amex, sbi and axis. So better to take care it before that happens.
You can either use one address proof to update in all banks or manually file dispute in cibil & when they don't update, file rbi complaint.
Thanks for making it easy to understand.😊

Now one thing regarding: Updation of Income details in profile and also in CIBIL.

I understand profile shall have nature of work/Profession.

But where Does CIBIL get our income from ? Someone in this very thread spoke of mismatch with income as updated in CIBIL.

1) Do they have Income deatails also?
2) If so, How ?
3) Is it visible to us in our credit reports ? 4) If they have income details I wonder where do they get it from ?

sidp

TF Ace
Thanks for making it easy to understand.😊

Now one thing regarding: Updation of Income details in profile and also in CIBIL.

I understand profile shall have nature of work/Profession.

But where Does CIBIL get our income from ? Someone in this very thread spoke of mismatch with income as updated in CIBIL.

1) Do they have Income deatails also?
2) If so, How ?
3) Is it visible to us in our credit reports ? 4) If they have income details I wonder where do they get it from ?
When you apply for cc/loan, rhe issuer give the details provided by you to cibil.
It may or may not show to you, but it is visible to issuers When they do hard enquiry.

NTT

TF Buzz
So
When you apply for cc/loan, rhe issuer give the details provided by you to cibil.
It may or may not show to you, but it is visible to issuers When they do hard enquiry.
I get this Part:

"Nature of work / Job profile is shared with credit bureaus by Cards/Loans issuing banks".

I was curious about the specifics of our income (Range, or say actual income) Profile.

The possibility of mismatch (if any) is with this specific range of income ?

OR

mismatch (in the context of this thread) is the different job profiles (Salary earning employee, Business owner, Self Employed etc ) with different banks we share ( or as you said at times agents fill in our profile at their end ).