• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Too much confusion regarding rent payment & platforms

sidsonn

TF Buzz
I have recently started a new job and will have to start paying rent after 3 years. Since I didn't have to pay it till now (remotely working from home), I didn't really follow up on all the new apps and platforms and their charges for rental payments etc. and now when I try searching for information, it's like everyday there's something new happening from banks or platforms and it's hard to keep a track of it.
I was kinda hoping I can get some much required help from the veterans here regarding which card+platform combination will work best to get the most of my reward points and milestone benefits. These are the cards I currently have and will be paying rent of 30k pm starting March.

1. Axis Magnus
2. Amex MRCC
3. SBI Vistara Prime
4. ICICI Amazon Pay
5. HDFC Millenia
6. IDFC Select
7. RBL Zomato Edition Classic

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I suggest to pay rent by cash or upi.
Why to waste 1% surcharge plus pg charges for meagre rewards and fro Magnus that won’t be counted towards milestone and annual fee waiver

If you had sc ultimate or Bob eterna would still have suggested but not among your current card portfolio

sidsonn

TF Buzz
Try paying rent from redgiraffe using magnus through payzapp. It should fetch RPs as well as count towards milestones since it's MCC is tagged as insurance (atleast for HDFC card, it is).

This is not verified yet but i will be trying the same next month.
Do let me know how that works out. It would be a great help

sidsonn

TF Buzz
I suggest to pay rent by cash or upi.
Why to waste 1% surcharge plus pg charges for meagre rewards and fro Magnus that won’t be counted towards milestone and annual fee waiver

If you had sc ultimate or Bob eterna would still have suggested but not among your current card portfolio
As I mentioned in the post, I wasn't tracking the charges and T&C banks were adding on for rent payments and there's a lot of scattered information and sometimes conflicting, hence the confusion. But thanks for the input!

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
But as per the new axis cc terms from 5th March will it not attract 1% fee? Or paying via redgiraffe will not due to different tagging?
Try paying rent from redgiraffe using magnus through payzapp. It should fetch RPs as well as count towards milestones since it's MCC is tagged as insurance (atleast for HDFC card, it is).

This is not verified yet but i will be trying the same next month

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But as per the new axis cc terms from 5th March will it not attract 1% fee? Or paying via redgiraffe will not due to different tagging?
I am guessing it won't attract the fee because of the different tagging. Atleast that's what's happening with HDFC CC. We are getting RP even though HDFC stopped giving RP for rent transactions. This maybe a way for genuine rent payers to earn RP since this was misused by people for money rotation through cred, paytm and other websites which didn't verify the authenticity of payment similar to what redgiraffe does.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

This is not verified yet but i will be trying the same next month.
Are you able to add your Magnus card in Payzapp app??

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Vistara Infinite still gives CV points.. Best is RedGiraffe as they enroll only after strict document verification and HDFC gives RPs on that.. also the charges are very less (0.4%) Amex cannot be added

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You could keep an eye on this for up-to-date info: https://cardmaven.in/social/public/...of-charges-for-rent-payment-with-credit-cards

Update: Site appears to be down at the moment of this post but its owner is looking into it. That page lists all the recent rent payment changes.
The site mentions that rent payments on Vistara cards are eligible for milestone spends. But I guess that the Axis TnC mentioned that Axis Vistara cards (all three of them) are among the cards where spend thresholds are excluded for Rent and Wallet transactions.

anonymuos

TF Ace
The site mentions that rent payments on Vistara cards are eligible for milestone spends. But I guess that the Axis TnC mentioned that Axis Vistara cards (all three of them) are among the cards where spend thresholds are excluded for Rent and Wallet transactions.
They're changing the terms and conditions rapidly every week. Do let the author know of these changes so he will update the article. :)