• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tax from the previous financial year (21-22), would recovered during the FY 22-23

prc1990

TF Ace
One of my investment evidences (FY 21-22) got rejected (through my employer) on 31st March'22 post the salary was credited and hence, X amount of outstanding tax got triggered.

Today have received an email stating that outstanding X amount would be recovered from Apr'2022 salary (FY 22-23).

If the amount would be recovered in Apr'22 which belongs to FY 22-23, will that tax amount be reflected (as paid) in my ITR for FY 21-22 so that I can claim refund? If not, then do I need to wait for the next financial year (22-23) to reclaim this tax refund?

Bit confused! Please advise @TechnoFino

sampatir

TF Select
Employer pays TDS quarterly and in your case they will deposit it as tds for FY21-22. If you are eligible? you can claim refund while filing ITR in June or so

prc1990

TF Ace
Employer pays TDS quarterly and in your case they will deposit it as tds for FY21-22. If you are eligible? you can claim refund while filing ITR in June or so
Yes that's what wanted to confirm, so you meant I can claim this refund for the FY 21-22 itself once the ITR gets generated in Jun-July 22?