• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help to manage taxes

prash1161

TF Ace
i never filled ITR before
this year i did transaction across 5 banks total of 50-70l , mostly it was like fd break ,create and sending money from my one bank to another.
and there were total of 4l cash deposit
earned 40k in stocks
lost 12k in fno
i have no job
so i have to pay taxes?
i do not know much,
your help will be appreciated.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
this year i did transaction across 5 banks total of 50-70l , mostly it was like fd break ,create and sending money from my one bank to another.
earned 40k in stocks
lost 12k in fno
i have no job
so i have to pay taxes?
i do not know much,
50-70L is concerning, but it's rotation in your own acc so shouldn't be a problem.

It is only 40k, no need to file itr for such a small amount. But if you want you can do it. Tax will be 0

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
earned 40k in stocks
lost 12k in fno
i have no job
so i have to pay taxes?
i do not know much,
FD Break Create Same Bank ke saath ?
Exceeding 10 laat ? 😂

Riya

TF Ace
earned 40k in stocks
lost 12k in fno
i have no job
so i have to pay taxes?
i do not know much,
whoaaa.....
Never filed an ITR and had FDRs worth 50L.... you are either paying too much TDS on your FDs and eventually missing out on the refund.... or it's probably inherited money and you don't know money management....
taking things one at a time....
if you are rotating money within your accounts then it won't cost you a paisa in taxes....
secondly banks deduct TDS on FDs automatically so get your AIS from incometax website...
for STCG and FnO income your broker will provide you with a summary which you can fill in ITR...
still there are very much chances that you'll mess the ITR so get a CA and pay small amount providing him all the above details... not a big deal

prash1161

TF Ace
whoaaa.....
Never filed an ITR and had FDRs worth 50L.... you are either paying too much TDS on your FDs and eventually missing out on the refund.... or it's probably inherited money and you don't know money management....
if you are rotating money within your accounts then it won't cost you a paisa in taxes....
secondly banks deduct TDS on FDs automatically so get your AIS from incometax website...
for STCG and FnO income your broker will provide you with a summary which you can fill in ITR...
still there are very much chances that you'll mess the ITR so get a CA and pay small amount providing him all the above details... not a big deal
Bro fd was like
I make one fd 5l
I break in a week

Then again create like 2l,2l,1l

prash1161

TF Ace
whoaaa.....
Total intrest I earned check ss

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-19-16-51-16-52_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-19-16-51-16-52_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 35

Riya

TF Ace
Bro fd was like
I make one fd 5l
I break in a week

Then again create like 2l,2l,1l
still no problem...
FD is bank's problem... they'll deduct TDS and credit it against your name in your Annual Income Statement....
Both, overall interest and TDS deducted will be shown in 26AS along with each and every account from which it was deducted and date.....