• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mr.cc

TF Buzz
Same as for partner airlines. For example, DEL to YYZ is 55k miles in economy as per Aeroplan award chart. If there is Eithad reward seat available, then you would be able to book Etihad for 55k miles.
You can get Turkish Star awards for 34000 Miles to Cannada from India. But I guess Ethiad is more luxurious.

typhoon

TF Select
After 12th august, you will have to offer 1Rs to take the points :ROFLMAO:
😅 Sellers think that they can get high value for their reward, but sellers doesn't do evaluation always as how the points are valued and its depend on partner when they devalue points, like you see Vistara is devalued.

I also buy points but considering the fact that it can be devalued anytime when airline partner or hotel partner wishes. Even i traded successfully with some people they understood the devaluation can happen anytime.

yashvijay

TF Buzz
I see people here having lakhs of points, I only have a mere 30K points. I was thinking of converting them into Mariott bonvoy account as there are many sales through the year to buy points (you get 25% - 50% extra pounts). Also to convert it to Accor, I'll have to buy the membership first. So would request fellow members to guide me as to how can I maximise my gains from these points. I also have DCB so can transfer points earned from there as well.
As for my plan, this year I only have plan for Kerala by Dec & plan to do a family trip to Dubai next year. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks again to all the members for their posts, got good insight from reading them.

Shadow747

TF Buzz
I see people here having lakhs of points, I only have a mere 30K points. I was thinking of converting them into Mariott bonvoy account as there are many sales through the year to buy points (you get 25% - 50% extra pounts). Also to convert it to Accor, I'll have to buy the membership first. So would request fellow members to guide me as to how can I maximise my gains from these points. I also have DCB so can transfer points earned from there as well.
As for my plan, this year I only have plan for Kerala by Dec & plan to do a family trip to Dubai next year. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks again to all the members for their posts, got good insight from reading them.
Your points balance of 30 ER is low for split in 2 programs. As you have DCB you can consider Accor for transferring as you would be able to top up from HDFC. Marriot awards are dynamically priced so not worth the value compared to Accor.

Only consider Marriot for transferring if you see the night available at your comfortable point value and can transfer the point and book the room immediately as dynamic pricing can change pricing based on occupancy rate, but only Amex does instant transfer to Marriot.

yashvijay

TF Buzz
Your points balance of 30 ER is low for split in 2 programs. As you have DCB you can consider Accor for transferring as you would be able to top up from HDFC. Marriot awards are dynamically priced so not worth the value compared to Accor.

Only consider Marriot for transferring if you see the night available at your comfortable point value and can transfer the point and book the room immediately as dynamic pricing can change pricing based on occupancy rate, but only Amex does instant transfer to Marriot.
Hey, thanks for suggesting. But then I'll always be dependent on DCB to transfer points to Accor, there is no other way to get Accor points right? Also is there a way to get the membership for free like how we get for bonvoy? Or else I'll have to spend 12k to buy ALL plus membership first.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey, thanks for suggesting. But then I'll always be dependent on DCB to transfer points to Accor, there is no other way to get Accor points right? Also is there a way to get the membership for free like how we get for bonvoy? Or else I'll have to spend 12k to buy ALL plus membership first.
You don't need paid Accor Plus membership to transfer points. Free Classic membership will do.

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Accor points are fixed value. 2000 accor points = 40 euro. So no holding points for big redemption as in case of other loyalty programs like Marriot, Hyatt, Hilton as these programs give points requirement based on various factors so there is opportunity for outsize redemption.

HDFC and Axis are partners of Accor so you have these points to transfer. You can get accor plus membership free with Axis Reserve or can buy by using accor points. Accor plus membership is not required to use points, so you are free to use as soon as to have 2000 points.