• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions needed for additional SBI credit card

nishchay

TF Buzz
I'm having one SBI SimplySave credit card with good credit limit. I want to get the new SBI Cashback credit card. i spoke to customer care and the denied for the upgrade. and i don't want to pay annual fee twice please help me what should i do.

I was thinking to Apply for Cashback credit card and close the Simply Save card. but in that case will my limit on SimplySave will get lost and I'll get new limit on Cashback card (i expect it will be less than my old limit) Also if i do so it will affect my credit history as SimplySave is my 1st credit card and using it from over 5 years so If I close this after getting Cashback card will it be lost ?

If there's any way I can upgrade my SimplySave credit card to Cashback credit card please let me know.
Thank you

Last edited:

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
They are not taking any request for upgrade/swap for cashback card. You need to apply it like a fresh card & if you don't have that many spends you can close save once cashback card is approved

nishchay

TF Buzz
You can transfer limit from your SimplySave card to Cashback card before closing it
Your credit history is saved in CIBIL, it won't get deleted just by closing the card
can you give me bit more idea how much limit can be transferred and what are the chances that bank will transfer my limit.

my concen was that It is advised that we shouldn't close our oldest credit card which reduces our overall credit history, If I go with this method will that credit history will affect or not

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any amount of limit can be freely transferred between the cards by simply calling the customer care
You can also keep your card if you are able to attain the fee waiver on it