• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions for Savings Account with 10k AMB

m1n8

TF Select
Please suggest the best bank among Axis, HDFC & ICICI for a regular savings account (10k AMB). These 3 are nearest for me (within 500m from home). I am looking for best overall experience among the 3 banks.

TF Ace
TF Family
Please suggest the best bank among Axis, HDFC & ICICI for a regular savings account (10k AMB). These 3 are nearest for me (within 500m from home). I am looking for best overall experience among the 3 banks.
That's how I would rate!
1. HDFC
2. ICICI
3. Axis

Pro Tip: Go for Savings Max variant (MAB - 25K) for HDFC if you can. No extra charges like debit card joining/annual fees, account maintenance, SMS alerts etc. (except IMPS).

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Find a rural branch..... In your city.... Open all three bank accounts... In only 2500 for axis, 2500 for hdfc and 2000 for icici.... Enjoy the benefits ...... If you don't do heavy deposits.... As these days bank dont charge much till 25000 deposits in any other branch...

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Stay away from axis.

If possible go with 10k IDFC a/c (process is online, so it should be doable, no concept of home branch)
If possible ICICI insta save/insta fd a/c with 10k is also good option (virtually no charges for anything)

I've operated both the above, 2nd one I closed I got amazon cc and didn't want to have money tied up in ICICI.

If you can dish out 25k, most certainly open HDFC max a/c (I'll open this soon too for getting HDFC offers)

Stay away from Axis as much as possible, you wouldn't even know where your money is going unless you check it everyday.

Only reason anyone should have axis a/c is for their pre-approved cc offers. They offer it easily. Open 10/12k mab a/c, maintain 20k without fail at all times and do regular transactions. Within 3-6 months, you will have their cc.

m1n8

TF Select
Stay away from axis.

If possible go with 10k IDFC a/c (process is online, so it should be doable, no concept of home branch)
If possible ICICI insta save/insta fd a/c with 10k is also good option (virtually no charges for anything)

I've operated both the above, 2nd one I closed I got amazon cc and didn't want to have money tied up in ICICI.

If you can dish out 25k, most certainly open HDFC max a/c (I'll open this soon too for getting HDFC offers)

Stay away from Axis as much as possible, you wouldn't even know where your money is going unless you check it everyday.

Only reason anyone should have axis a/c is for their pre-approved cc offers. They offer it easily. Open 10/12k mab a/c, maintain 20k without fail at all times and do regular transactions. Within 3-6 months, you will have their cc.
I already have 10k account with IDFC FIRST Bank, but last year because of COVID/lockdown induced financial crisis I had to empty that account. I kind of forgot about that account, no transaction after May '21. Out of the blue in March this year I checked the balance in the bank's app, it showed negative 5k something! Is there a way to resolve this, then I will surely continue with the same account!

akshayhs

TF Ace
I already have 10k account with IDFC FIRST Bank, but last year because of COVID/lockdown induced financial crisis I had to empty that account. I kind of forgot about that account, no transaction after May '21. Out of the blue in March this year I checked the balance in the bank's app, it showed negative 5k something! Is there a way to resolve this, then I will surely continue with the same account!
It's mostly the fees levied for non maintenance of minimum balance and you have accrued fees for all the months you failed to maintain AMB in your account.

I don't think you'll get any waiver now that it's too late.

This is also one of the reasons decided to close my axis account of 8 years.

m1n8

TF Select
Find a rural branch..... In your city.... Open all three bank accounts... In only 2500 for axis, 2500 for hdfc and 2000 for icici.... Enjoy the benefits ...... If you don't do heavy deposits.... As these days bank dont charge much till 25000 deposits in any other branch...
No rural branches nearby, nearest one is some 35 kms away!

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
It's good thing to do forget this account,
Paying 5k charges is not good.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
If you really want to continue, you need to go through a long procedure first, which might include writing complaints to RBI regarding negative balance. Somehow manage to close this account first without paying any charges, then think of opening another account.
Technofino has posted a Youtube video for the same. Kindly refer that. Link is provided below:

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Stay away from axis.

After how many months of opening ICICI account you got Amazon cc??

Also for Axis Bank pre approved cc do they offer it LTF and do they offer good limits??

Souvik

TF Premier
You can however put up a fight on the basis of this: https://www.livemint.com/money/pers...to-close-the-bank-account-11594191466594.html

The balance in a savings bank account can’t be negative because of the non-maintenance of minimum balance charges, as per the Reserve Bank of India’s notification issued in November 2014. “It should be ensured that the balance in the savings account does not turn into negative balance solely on account of levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance," said the RBI notification.

And this: https://www.rbi.org.in/commonman/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=1500

(vi) It should be ensured that the balance in the savings account does not turn into negative balance solely on account of levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance.

If nothing else works, you can get it partly waived off via (same link as above):

Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman had also directed banks not to charge non-maintenance of minimum balance charges till 30 June 2020. So you can get charges pertaining to that period waived off at least.

But try to get all of it waived off and get it to 0.00 to start off, since you already have an IDFC Account.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
After how many months of opening ICICI account you got Amazon cc??

Also for Axis Bank pre approved cc do they offer it LTF and do they offer good limits??
I had used their instant platinum cc which came with the a/c fd (Insta save FD) for a year or so, then had applied for amazon pay. There was some internal technical thing where if you have one ICICI cc you can get amazon pay very easily. So I got it easily. This was not pre-approved offer from ICICI.

Axis gives good limit by their standards depending on the account activity, I was given 75k limit straight away, at that time I didn't even have any other unsecured CC except onecard. So I was more than happy with it. Don't expect much from axis, also LTF thing is not that straight forwards, if there is offer they will do that for you but if there is not one then it will be difficult.

Like I had LTF offer for FK axis card
I did not have LTF offer for airtel axis card
I also converted my freechargeplus with neo for LTF.

This is really case to case basis.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Of the 3, probably HDFC. IDFC has good 10k/25k MAB accounts too. I personally have an account for the last few years & my experience with them on the banking front is good too.

m1n8

TF Select
So, I found a rural branch of HDFC some 20 km away. How should I start, open an Insta account online, select that branch and go to that branch for full KYC. Or go to the branch straight away for account opening?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
So, I found a rural branch of HDFC some 20 km away. How should I start, open an Insta account online, select that branch and go to that branch for full KYC. Or go to the branch straight away for account opening?
Open account online and do vkyc......the mab for normal savings account is 2500 for rural branch. ...but add around 3000...as debit card charges also there... Hdfc cut it within a month of account opening.... You will get passbook, check book and debit card all on your communication address... No need of going to branch...

m1n8

TF Select
Open account online and do vkyc......the mab for normal savings account is 2500 for rural branch. ...but add around 3000...as debit card charges also there... Hdfc cut it within a month of account opening.... You will get passbook, check book and debit card all on your communication address... No need of going to branch...
OK, thanks! (y)