• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a card , newbie to the world of CC

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Tried and got reply that it is an invite only card , maybe cause i dont use amazon on a regular basis
See if u have liquid money put it in fd for 6 + month ..

Next 6 month u will be collecting cc every month.

I would suggest 75-1.5 lakh fd (if u can do more the better)
Minimum 50 in icici

nobraincell

TF Buzz
See if u have liquid money put it in fd for 6 + month ..

Next 6 month u will be collecting cc every month.

I would suggest 75-1.5 lakh fd (if u can do more the better)
Minimum 50 in icici
Dont have that much laying around brother , have to start making money and saving it , lets see , I'll start working on making an FD possible at the earliest.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Dont have that much laying around brother , have to start making money and saving it , lets see , I'll start working on making an FD possible at the earliest.
Logic is if u get say 1 lakh fd card from icici ..u will get 1 lakh apay limit..
Then
Any other card u apply will have similar kitna limit
Only exception might be sbi ..

L.e for self employed is little tough but not impossible.

nobraincell

TF Buzz
For your international trip, yes.

If you get the SBI CB before the trip and you have online spends that you have to make in foreign currency then use the card. You'll get a positive return on that online spend.

But don't use it for offline on your international trip and use the niyo instead
I dont think i would have any online spends in foreign currency as the trip is a reward for taking a 7 year membership in a travel club, hence everything except flight tickets are paid for , so would only be mostly offline spends on the trip

nobraincell

TF Buzz
Logic is if u get say 1 lakh fd card from icici ..u will get 1 lakh apay limit..
Then
Any other card u apply will have similar kitna limit
Only exception might be sbi ..

L.e for self employed is little tough but not impossible.
LE means?

Also i will have money for fd as soon as my business partner / owner of firm gives me what is owed , he is currently in a financial bind , hopefully he'll give some of what's owed next month

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
LE means?

Also i will have money for fd as soon as my business partner / owner of firm gives me what is owed , he is currently in a financial bind , hopefully he'll give some of what's owed next month
Limit increase.
Limit enhancement

the_collector

TF Premier
I dont think i would have any online spends in foreign currency as the trip is a reward for taking a 7 year membership in a travel club, hence everything except flight tickets are paid for , so would only be mostly offline spends on the trip
In this case, stick with niyo. It's the most friendly and widely accepted and meets your requirements. If you get the fd based credit card, you will get int lounge access also

For general spends , starting out with SBI cashback/Amazon pay icici ( since you can't get this, go for icici platinum card(my first card and easiest card to get, it's useless but you'll instantly get approval for Amazon pay)) or axis ace after researching basednon your spends

helloworld

TF Legend

Check AU LIT. Basic one but can also confusing, since you yet to figure where you spend and which categories.. try those subscription options based on your experience on commonly used options, pick a card that provide benefits in those categories without monthly subscriptions.

Also, get HDFC Millennia - useful for online and start your relationship with HDFC.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Check AU LIT. Basic one but can also confusing, since you yet to figure where you spend and which categories.. try those subscription options based on your experience on commonly used options, pick a card that provide benefits in those categories without monthly subscriptions.

Also, get HDFC Millennia - useful for online and start your relationship with HDFC.
Au do lots of checks . Don't recommend for newbie 😁

Pradumya

TF Premier
Sbi CB rejected as soon as kyc was done XD
Wherever your bank account is, maintain good enough amount for atleast a quarter or two. apply in that bank via netbanking login.
There could be high chance of approval.

If above option is not possible then check OneCard. Shayad mil jaye