• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Successful negotiation for Axis Magnus FYF/LTF.

U_Utkrsh

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In today's world, having a credit card has become a necessity for many individuals. However, obtaining one can be challenging, especially for those without a credit history. This was the case for my friend, who had been banking with Axis Bank for the past two years. Seeking a credit card, he initially received a pre-approved privilege card, but it came with certain fees. Determined to secure a more favorable option, I decided to help him negotiate for the Axis Magnus credit card, preferably with a Lifetime Free (LTF) or First Year Free (FYF) offer. This article recounts our negotiation journey and the eventual success we achieved.

Step 1: Requesting Axis Magnus:

After learning about my friend's need for a credit card, I suggested that he ask the bank for the Axis Magnus card. The Axis Magnus credit card is known for its attractive features and benefits, making it a popular choice among customers. Understanding its potential value, my friend agreed and approached the bank with the request.

Step 2: Insisting on LTF or FYF:

When my friend presented his request for the Axis Magnus card, the bank initially offered him a pre-approved privilege card, which came with certain fees. However, he was adamant about obtaining the Axis Magnus card with either LTF or FYF benefits. He explained to the bank representative that the Magnus card's welcome offer would be wasteful for him, and he would only consider the Axis Magnus card if it was provided with a waived joining fee and annual charges.

Step 3: Showing willingness to Move Salary Account:

To further strengthen his negotiation position, my friend informed the bank representative that he was willing to move his salary account from the State Bank of India (SBI) to Axis Bank. This tactic aimed to showcase his intention to establish a stronger relationship with Axis Bank and potentially sway the bank's decision in his favor. The representative acknowledged his request and assured him that they would seek approval from the manager.

Step 4: Waiting for Approval:

After expressing his expectations and leaving the bank, my friend eagerly awaited the bank's response. Half an hour later, he received a call from the bank agent, informing him that his request had been approved for as FYF/LTF. This news filled him with optimism, as it indicated that the bank recognized his commitment to becoming an Axis Bank customer and valued his potential long-term relationship.

Step 5: Receiving the Axis Magnus Card:

Three days after the negotiation, my friend received the Axis Magnus credit card. To his delight and surprise, the welcome kit revealed that the card had been issued with 0 joining fee and 0 annual charges. This outcome exceeded his expectations, and he expressed his gratitude for my advice and assistance throughout the negotiation process.

Conclusion:

Negotiating the terms of a credit card can be a challenging task, especially when one lacks a credit history. However, with persistence and the right approach, it is possible to achieve a favorable outcome. By insisting on the Axis Magnus credit card with LTF or FYF benefits, my friend successfully secured the card without any joining fee or annual charges. This victory not only provided him with the credit card he desired but also highlighted the importance of effective negotiation and leveraging one's position to achieve desired outcomes.

Before concluding the article, it is essential to express gratitude towards the community that played a significant role in raising awareness and knowledge about the possibilities of negotiating credit card terms. The insights and experiences shared within the community empowered me to guide my friend through this successful negotiation process.

I encourage readers to explore the possibilities and leverage their own financial standing when seeking credit cards. By being aware of available options and adopting effective negotiation techniques, individuals can work towards securing credit cards that align with their financial goals and needs.

In conclusion, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to the community for its contribution to my friend's successful negotiation for the Axis Magnus credit card with FYF benefits. May this article serve as a source of inspiration and encouragement for others to pursue similar opportunities in their credit card endeavors. Together, we can continue to share knowledge, empower one another, and make informed financial decisions.

Additional information

In addition to the negotiation process, it is important to highlight the financial background of my friend, as it played a crucial role in the successful outcome. At the time of requesting the Axis Magnus credit card, my friend worked at a PSU and had a monthly salary of approximately 1 lakh.

Furthermore, my friend maintained a savings account, with a balance of around 2-3 lakhs. This financial stability demonstrated his capacity to handle credit card expenses and repayments without significant financial strain. It provided the bank with reassurance regarding his creditworthiness and acted as an additional factor in negotiating favourable terms for the Axis Magnus credit card.

Here is an image shared by my friend for reference.
b3b670c3-717c-4546-a6c0-e545f63221b7.jpeg

Last edited:
In today's world, having a credit card has become a necessity for many individuals. However, obtaining one can be challenging, especially for those without a credit history. This was the case for my friend, who had been banking with Axis Bank for the past two years. Seeking a credit card, he initially received a pre-approved privilege card, but it came with certain fees. Determined to secure a more favorable option, I decided to help him negotiate for the Axis Magnus credit card, preferably with a Lifetime Free (LTF) or First Year Free (FYF) offer. This article recounts our negotiation journey and the eventual success we achieved.

After learning about my friend's need for a credit card, I suggested that he ask the bank for the Axis Magnus card. The Axis Magnus credit card is known for its attractive features and benefits, making it a popular choice among customers. Understanding its potential value, my friend agreed and approached the bank with the request.

When my friend presented his request for the Axis Magnus card, the bank initially offered him a pre-approved privilege card, which came with certain fees. However, he was adamant about obtaining the Axis Magnus card with either LTF or FYF benefits. He explained to the bank representative that the Magnus card's welcome offer would be wasteful for him, and he would only consider the Axis Magnus card if it was provided with a waived joining fee and annual charges.

To further strengthen his negotiation position, my friend informed the bank representative that he was willing to move his salary account from the State Bank of India (SBI) to Axis Bank. This tactic aimed to showcase his intention to establish a stronger relationship with Axis Bank and potentially sway the bank's decision in his favor. The representative acknowledged his request and assured him that they would seek approval from the manager.

After expressing his expectations and leaving the bank, my friend eagerly awaited the bank's response. Half an hour later, he received a call from the bank agent, informing him that his request had been approved for as FYF/LTF. This news filled him with optimism, as it indicated that the bank recognized his commitment to becoming an Axis Bank customer and valued his potential long-term relationship.

Three days after the negotiation, my friend received the Axis Magnus credit card. To his delight and surprise, the welcome kit revealed that the card had been issued with 0 joining fee and 0 annual charges. This outcome exceeded his expectations, and he expressed his gratitude for my advice and assistance throughout the negotiation process.

Conclusion:

Negotiating the terms of a credit card can be a challenging task, especially when one lacks a credit history. However, with persistence and the right approach, it is possible to achieve a favorable outcome. By insisting on the Axis Magnus credit card with LTF or FYF benefits, my friend successfully secured the card without any joining fee or annual charges. This victory not only provided him with the credit card he desired but also highlighted the importance of effective negotiation and leveraging one's position to achieve desired outcomes.

Before concluding the article, it is essential to express gratitude towards the community that played a significant role in raising awareness and knowledge about the possibilities of negotiating credit card terms. The insights and experiences shared within the community empowered me to guide my friend through this successful negotiation process.

I encourage readers to explore the possibilities and leverage their own financial standing when seeking credit cards. By being aware of available options and adopting effective negotiation techniques, individuals can work towards securing credit cards that align with their financial goals and needs.

In conclusion, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to the community for its contribution to my friend's successful negotiation for the Axis Magnus credit card with FYF benefits. May this article serve as a source of inspiration and encouragement for others to pursue similar opportunities in their credit card endeavors. Together, we can continue to share knowledge, empower one another, and make informed financial decisions.

Additional information

In addition to the negotiation process, it is important to highlight the financial background of my friend, as it played a crucial role in the successful outcome. At the time of requesting the Axis Magnus credit card, my friend worked at a PSU and had a monthly salary of approximately 1 lakh.

Furthermore, my friend maintained a savings account, with a balance of around 2-3 lakhs. This financial stability demonstrated his capacity to handle credit card expenses and repayments without significant financial strain. It provided the bank with reassurance regarding his creditworthiness and acted as an additional factor in negotiating favourable terms for the Axis Magnus credit card.
Let me predict something - People just gonna be flooding here

Really great achievement to get Magnus LTF

U_Utkrsh

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No Axis cards or accounts before this? Magnus was 1st card in Axis?
Can you please tell which location this was in? As many locations RMs and BMs straight up deny LTF Magnus
It’s in Assam, though the branch is in one of the affluent locations due to a high number of PSU officers living around. And yes, it’s his first credit card. He didn't even have any credit history.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In my case, they were not even budging for 1.2L net salary. I had alot of deductions, told them that I'm executing these deductions. Then gone through c2c route with icici cc.

Hisoka

TF Ace

Conclusion:

Additional information

This just sounds too good to be true. Under 1 lakh salary, no credit history, no banking relationship and still got Axis Magnus LTS, not even FYF
If that's the case then everyone here should be getting their card LTF just by opening their salary account in Axis

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I think in this case his prior relationship with Axis in the form of a savings account helped. And as I mentioned, he already had a pre-approved offer on his account for a privilege card, so that also helped. He wasn't even asked for any income documents.
It’s hard to believe just on the basis of 2 lakhs NRV he was offered Magnus LTF , with that NRV , BM’s generally don’t entertain customers they forward their request to DBM or RM .
He must have had a friendly relation with BM then only he would get involved