• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Star health insurance

tharun

TF Premier
Did anyone use star health insurance,if used how is your experience

Iam trying to purchase a health insurance for my parents and contacted an agent

agent told me to opt for star health assure policy which gives unlimited auto restoration meaning if I take a base policy for 10lakh and claimed 6 lakhs one time, after discharge my policy automatically renew to 10lakhs.it this correct or is this some gimmik polyed to grab his commission.

How is your experience with other insurance policies please let me know

Grogu

TF Premier

agent told me to opt for star health assure policy which gives unlimited auto restoration meaning if I take a base policy for 10lakh and claimed 6 lakhs one time, after discharge my policy automatically renew to 10lakhs.it this correct or is this some gimmik polyed to grab his commission.

Restore option is available with other insurers also. You can compare premium and features online.

If you are in doubt, schedule a call with Ditto Insurance (Heard good things about them, backed by Zerodha).

tharun

TF Premier
Restore option is available with other insurers also. You can compare premium and features online.

If you are in doubt, schedule a call with Ditto Insurance (Heard good things about them, backed by Zerodha).
I called ditto they only share hdfc ergo and care supreme plans for many people. The premium is more (almost 8-10k for similar benefits)compared to star assure plan .if I take star I can avail more nearby hospitals

karan_hdl

TF Buzz
restore option is true and that's not a gimmick but I am a just a one year old Star Health policy holder!

When I tried for my old aged parents it's not much useful and the premium amount isn't within my budget, and the waiting period clause and copayment charges in case of claim, made it less attractive for my parents 60+ father and 50+ mother with prexisting conditions!

If your Father and Mother is healthy and won't need a immediate treatment, you may go for it and as per your requirement the network hospitals were more in numbers when compared to competitors!

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
Don't check only premium and starting offers. Think also about the hospital chain which accepts cashless and ease of reimbursement also.

I feel star is much better in these. Check also in Google about claim settlement ratio between these insurers and decide.

KLB@96

TF Premier

Not promotion;

check Nikhil jah on twitter. He writes a lot about insurances.

akish4u

TF Buzz
I have separate policies from star health for my parents and for myself including wife and kid.
My experience had been good with Star health. I have used twice this year for my parents and Claim approval time for cashless was 1 hour after claim intimation.
Even during discharge also, they wont take much time.
Customer care response is good.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor

My family has Star Health’s comprehensive plan.
Cashless Claim process is pretty smooth mostly in 1-2 hours after intimation.
Network hospitals are extensive too.

Before purchasing do check the hospitals in network.

gowthamv

TF Premier
My family has been using Star Health Insurance for the past 9-10 years. (Family Floater Plan)
In this period, we have made 4 claims.
Claim 1 - Dad's Leg operation
Claim 2 - I was hospitalized for around 10 days due to Dengue
Claim 3 - Mom's Leg operation
Claim 4 - A major Surgery in my Abdomen

All these times, the claims went very smooth.

We had a good contact with the agent who sold us the insurance. During every hospitalization, we informed the agent and he helped us completely in our claims.

So I would surely recommend Star Health Insurance.

(Now since I have crossed the age of 25, I now have a separate Star Health insurance plan as I cannot be a dependent in my family's plan.)

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Check gurleen kaur on youtube for reviews on health insurance...

I have star health for past few years, never claimed...but planning to port to hdfc ergo in a month or so before renewal this year....as I have heard really bad things about star from my brother in law who is a cardio

tharun

TF Premier
Check gurleen kaur on youtube for reviews on health insurance...

I have star health for past few years, never claimed...but planning to port to hdfc ergo in a month or so before renewal this year....as I have heard really bad things about star from my brother in law who is a cardio
Sorry cardio what?
My family has been using Star Health Insurance for the past 9-10 years. (Family Floater Plan)
In this period, we have made 4 claims.
Claim 1 - Dad's Leg operation
Claim 2 - I was hospitalized for around 10 days due to Dengue
Claim 3 - Mom's Leg operation
Claim 4 - A major Surgery in my Abdomen

All these times, the claims went very smooth.

We had a good contact with the agent who sold us the insurance. During every hospitalization, we informed the agent and he helped us completely in our claims.

So I would surely recommend Star Health Insurance.

(Now since I have crossed the age of 25, I now have a separate Star Health insurance plan as I cannot be a dependent in my family's plan.)
Thanks
I was thinking to get insurance for my parents first, as individual plans not as a family