• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Solved] Urgent: Axis Magnus fraud transaction of 1L+

Hisoka

TF Ace
I was browsing Apple store US to check prices of macbooks if ordered through US. I reached to the final page and without OTP, my amount go deducted. I received a call instantly and marked transaction as dispute. I also called customer care and they said that they'll temporarily credit it with same amount but I'll not be able to use it. After 90 days the issue will get resolved, if they found it was done by me then they'll take that money back. Although I marked it as dispute. I told them that transaction was fraud but it was actually done by me accidentally.

I just put some random fake US address in apple store website, I don't know where will they even ship it. I tried cancelling my order but since it was guest checkin, I can't seem to cancel it from anywhere.

What should be my next steps here, I'm really worried.

Update on the issue

I just received my refund from Apple. Although there were Forex charges (2% + GST). And the same were applied on refund as well
So my total loss was around 5k + some 500Rs top up balance required for international calling

I've been active on this community for so many months and considered myself a credit card expert, but I didn't have the slightest of idea as to how these international transactions happen. Anyway, I get it now and the loss I've incurred might be a lesson to not repeat this in future. If someone knows whether it's possible to get back the Forex charges as well, that'd be great. Although I've tried calling customer care and they're refusing to do so.

And again, to all those who've their international transaction enabled. PLEASE DISABLE IT RIGHT NOW

Second Update

The Forex fees has also been reversed upon reaching out to priority support from Axis bank. I wasn’t expecting this, great service from Axis bank!

Last edited:

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I was browsing Apple store US to check prices of macbooks if ordered through US. I reached to the final page and without OTP, my amount go deducted. I received a call instantly and marked transaction as dispute. I also called customer care and they said that they'll temporarily credit it with same amount but I'll not be able to use it. After 90 days the issue will get resolved, if they found it was done by me then they'll take that money back. Although I marked it as dispute. I told them that transaction was fraud but it was actually done by me accidentally.

I just put some random fake US address in apple store website, I don't know where will they even ship it. I tried cancelling my order but since it was guest checkin, I can't seem to cancel it from anywhere.

bro sometimes for international transaction they don't need otp

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Most of international transactions does need otp
Even if you purchase experiences from klook , transactions are done without otp

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

If you placed an order as a guest, you’ll need to add it to your Apple ID to make changes online.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Contact apple support amd try to cancel order.
As address is fake, so even if they go ahead with Shipping, the product would be returned.
So, your best bet as of now is to contact Apple and get your order cancelled. They will initiate refund.
I tried contacting Apple, will receive a call tomorrow as offices are closed right now. Let's see

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Most of international transactions does need otp
Even if you purchase experiences from klook , transactions are done without otp
Yes international transactions do not require otp that why many frauds happen because you turn on international transactions, i always keep my all cc international transactions off so they always denied if someone try 😬… also if you have a high limit then you can set also your cards international transactions limit like 10k, 50k, 1L etc for temporary use then again turn off international transactions…

Your most appropriate approach would be to reach out to apple's us customer care email and request them for order cancellation, showing the invoice/transaction screenshot.
They would be requiring proofs to confirm that transaction was processed from your card, so you have to provide them, maybe card's front pic/along with no.
Raising a chargeback is a good thing but it will not guarantee your refund, since it's axis.
Saying on behalf of my recent chargeback experiences with Axis.
If apple denies in worst case, tell them you will initiate a dispute against them and will lodge a complaint in consumer court.
Most probably, apple will help you out. So don't worry. Also you can escalate to their senior management if needed. Thanks

Riva

TF Premier
International transactions do not need otp and neither do they need you to make the transition if you have saved your card details.

What happened with me with my HDFC Regalia First CC, I had done a dummy booking at Booking . Com for my Visa for a hotel stay for 5 days in Paris. The payment was clearly to be made on the date of checking in to the hotel. Now Booking . Com requires you to save card details and they also validate if the card is working. So my HDFC card details were saved. Now that hotel in Paris charged me 1 days stay, approx 10k almost 2 weeks prior to my checking in. The transaction went through without OTP and I only got a sms saying that I have made this transaction at this hotel. A minute later I get a automated call from HDFC asking to press 1 if I have made the transactions, I did not press 1. At that time I was already out of India. I then called HDFC credit card support, but they did not help. They said as I entered the card details on the website, it's not a fraud transactions. My argument with them was that my card details are also saved at Big Basket, Amazon, etc, but they don't charge my card for items in my cart and that too without OTP. Eventually I had to block my card and take the issue up with the hotel itself. The hotel reversed the amount after 2 days but I lost on conversion fee on both sides plus nee card issuance fee.

I suggest that you chase this with apple asap and get it reversed by them.

CardTox

TF Premier

Its surprising thing how cum you have kept international txn enabled on your card, i do only whenever needed. Second thing is that, why in the world someone enter his actual card details entering all the fakes and thats too checking the guest? its all your fault.... you will get the amount eventually, but its shows how casual are you regarding your high limit cards.....

akshayhs

TF Ace

Contact Apple with the order ID you have received and they will cancel the order and refund it as well. There are a lot of things that I hate about Apple for various reasons, but the one thing I genuinely appreciate is their online store support.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Why you had to go to the final page to check the price of the mac book ? Don't they show in the first page itself? or the final button would be proceed to payment or Pay now button right? Asking as others should not follow the same path and get money stuck.
You can indeed see the final price incl. of taxes (because you have to enter a valid postal code) in the final checkout page.