• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unauthorised Transaction/Fraud Transaction in IDFC First Bank credit card

Hello All,

Need help on reversal of unauthorized transaction which happened with my IDFC first bank credit card.

I mistakenly had clicked a fake link to buy product from facebook [DMART product] for Rs,. 400 and also downloaded their scammed app which looked like DMART app .Though OTP came in my mobile but I never shared the same to anybody. Four transactions were done with my credit card amounting to Rs. 50000.

I had immediately blocked my credit card ending and lodged complaint with IDFC First bank for reversal of the transaction and lodged complained with cyber crime and also lodged FIR.

Till date no response from cyber crime or any action on my FIR.

IDFC Bank has communicated to me that all the transactions were conducted under secure mode and since OTP has been received hence reversal of the transactions is not possible.

Have complaint to IDFC nodal officers as well Principal Nodal officer but same response has come denying the reversal of transactions.

Have also complained to RBI ombudsman, but they have rejected my plea on the ground that there is no 'deficiency of service' from IDFC first bank.

Is going to Consumer forum worth going or any other forum or should I opt for settlement for reduce my dues. What is the procedure for settlement of credit card

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

Need help on reversal of unauthorized transaction which happened with my IDFC first bank credit card.

I mistakenly had clicked a fake link to buy product from facebook [DMART product] for Rs,. 400 and also downloaded their scammed app which looked like DMART app .Though OTP came in my mobile but I never shared the same to anybody. Four transactions were done with my credit card amounting to Rs. 50000.

I had immediately blocked my credit card ending and lodged complaint with IDFC First bank for reversal of the transaction and lodged complained with cyber crime and also lodged FIR.

IDFC Bank has communicated to me that all the transactions were conducted under secure mode and since OTP has been received hence reversal of the transactions is not possible.

Have complaint to IDFC nodal officers as well Principal Nodal officer but same response has come denying the reversal of transactions.

Have also complained to RBI ombudsman, but they have rejected my plea on the ground that there is no 'deficiency of service' from IDFC first bank.

Is going to Consumer forum worth going or any other forum or should I opt for settlement for reduce my dues. What is the procedure for settlement of credit card
Which idfc cc? Variant
Does it have purchase protection.
Do u have police complaint fir

Attach it & send them

When did u report fraud ? Within 24-48 hr of crime ?

@TechnoFino @SSV @NShah .
Who can provide expertise on this

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Hello All,

Raise Chargeback

@VISHESH_BANSAL

Hello All,

Which idfc cc? Variant
Does it have purchase protection.
Do u have police complaint fir

Attach it & send them

When did u report fraud ? Within 24-48 hr of crime ?

@TechnoFino @SSV @NShah .
Who can provide expertise on this
IDFC First wealth credit card variant. No purchase protection in the card. FIR filed. FIR copy already sent to Bank then also they have denied reversal of the transactions. Reporting of the fraud was done within 15 mins of the transactions.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
charge back given temporarily but has been reversed after bank has confirmed that no reversal of the transactions sine transaction done in secure mode and OTP has been received.
Idfc is most pathetic bank in terms of customer support .
They are leach to small loan PPL

Their bike loan is scam
They are fugging bed bugs 🐛

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
IDFC First wealth credit card variant. No purchase protection in the card. FIR filed. FIR copy already sent to Bank then also they have denied reversal of the transactions. Reporting of the fraud was done within 15 mins of the transactions.
I don't have much legal expertise on this

@VISHESH_BANSAL

Hello All,

Dear All,

Just an update on the above transactions. Have found out from cybercrime that the fraudster have used my credit card to buy swiggy and big basket vouchers from Magic Pin amounting to Rs. 45000. Have written to both swiggy and bigbasket to find out actual redemption of those vouchers.

can anyone let me know if there is a possibility of getting refund from swiggy and bigbasket &/or from bank after knowing that this is a fraud transaction.

Thanks