• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Solved)Need advice on KYC for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card application and converting to LTF

its_karan

TF Ace
Dear Credit Card Community,

I recently applied for an Airtel Axis Bank credit card through the Airtel Thanks application. While the application was accepted by Airtel, the only remaining step was to complete the Video KYC process, which is done through a static link generated from the Airtel Thanks app on mobile.

Unfortunately, my phone's browser and camera refused to give permission for video, and I tried various solutions such as installing Chrome changing settings etc, but nothing worked.

Axis Bank eventually apologized and said that a technical error prevented the Video KYC from being completed.

Airtel, on the other hand, informed me that the Video KYC timeline had expired, and I would receive a call from an in-person Axis representative for KYC.

I have several questions regarding how to proceed. First, what is the right way to ensure that I can get the card without any further drama from Axis's side? Should I call someone or visit an Axis Bank branch, and will this be of any help?

Secondly, since this was an FYF (First Year Free) card, will I still receive the Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500?

Finally, has anyone successfully converted this into an LTF (Lifetime Free) card, and if so, what was the process?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that the Credit Card Community can provide on this matter.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 111
I am applied For Freecharge AXIS Credit Card For My mother Thean I did not attend video kyc then my card rejected ya axis bank employee contact me and phiscal kyc hogi..? Can you please tell me

its_karan

TF Ace
Update:
My card has been approved with a very low limit of Rs. 15,000. I am not sure how I will be able to keep up to the 40% utilization limit, which I think is the maximum recommended limit. I plan to use it only for electricity, gas, Airtel bills, and Big Basket purchases.
Some Qs
  1. For those who are using the same card, I have a question: What happens if our utility bills exceed Rs. 3,000 in a month? Do we still get a 1% cashback, or no cashback at all?
  2. Also, I'm not sure how the bank expects me to waive off the renewal fee by paying ₹2,00,000 in a financial year when the maximum monthly limit is only 15k. Could you clarify this for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_164150 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164150 (1).jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Update:
My card has been approved with a very low limit of Rs. 15,000. I am not sure how I will be able to keep up to the 40% utilization limit, which I think is the maximum recommended limit. I plan to use it only for electricity, gas, Airtel bills, and Big Basket purchases.
Some Qs
  1. For those who are using the same card, I have a question: What happens if our utility bills exceed Rs. 3,000 in a month? Do we still get a 1% cashback, or no cashback at all?
  2. Also, I'm not sure how the bank expects me to waive off the renewal fee by paying ₹2,00,000 in a financial year when the maximum monthly limit is only 15k. Could you clarify this for me?
Kyc kaise hui bhai...?

Heehaahee

TF Premier
Update:
Some Qs
1. 300 is the capping..
2. Neither do I..

its_karan

TF Ace
Updated:

Card approved, but the limit is very low (Rs 15,000). I don't know how I will be able to keep up with the 40% utilization limit, which is the maximum limit I follow. I will only use it for electricity, gas, Airtel bills, and Big Basket.

Did they ask you for bank statements etc? They took mine and issued a higher limit than my primary card
None. I actually checked the card, employee ID, and joining letter of the bank official to confirm whether he was from Axis or not. In our area, many frauds happen, as I have experienced with my clients.

Update:
Some Qs
I'm in the same situation as yours.
Applied it from my Father's name, got a limit of just 15k.
I asked the same question to customer care that its a contradiction on the fact that you wave off fee on spends above 2L but have given a limit of 15k where if I dont use it fully I wont be able to waive off my fee and if I use it fully then both my cibil will get affected as well as I will still not be able to reach 2L mark to waive off my fee, to which she asked my to bypass this limit by kep using the card frequently and paying off bill within few days, without waiting for actual bill to get generated. This way you'll be able to use your card to transact more than 2L as well as can manage to keep your utilization low by paying off the bill beforehand to avoid affect on cibil. These people are funny and are teaching us tricks to achieve what we want, indirectly. 😂

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No. Following are the offers:

25% for Airtel Bills + Prepaid Recharges (Capped at 300)
10% for Utilities (Capped at 300)
10% for other special category such as BB, Swiggy, Zomato (Capped at 500)

P.S: Tried recharging a Airtel Prepaid number and got the 25% CB offer. Tried non-Airtel prepaid and didn't see the CB offer

Understood.
Yeah, I agree that the application has been approved based on his PAN so whatever happens will happen based on his details.
But the axis bank people are ready to change the name as well for which I will receive another card, as I got a confirmation from Customer Care.
I don't think This is possible... No one can transfer a credit card to other's name... You may get an add-on card
You can change mobile number if Bank allows you, try in Axis app

hemantphotos

TF Buzz
No. Following are the offers:

25% for Airtel Bills + Prepaid Recharges (Capped at 300)
10% for Utilities (Capped at 300)
10% for other special category such as BB, Swiggy, Zomato (Capped at 500)

P.S: Tried recharging a Airtel Prepaid number and got the 25% CB offer. Tried non-Airtel prepaid and didn't see the CB offer
will the offer for zomato & swiggy also applicable on blinkit & swigy insta mart?

its_karan

TF Ace
An update, applied for a second Airtel Axis Credit Card in my mother's name.

I have submitted an application for the second card, which has been approved in the Airtel App. My sole purpose for applying for this second card was to double my limits of cashback.

The second card is currently in the KYC stage with Axis Bank and is pending approval. I am confident that the KYC process will be completed soon, and I will have access to my second card shortly.

Last edited: