• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Solved)Need advice on KYC for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card application and converting to LTF

its_karan

TF Ace
Dear Credit Card Community,

I recently applied for an Airtel Axis Bank credit card through the Airtel Thanks application. While the application was accepted by Airtel, the only remaining step was to complete the Video KYC process, which is done through a static link generated from the Airtel Thanks app on mobile.

Unfortunately, my phone's browser and camera refused to give permission for video, and I tried various solutions such as installing Chrome changing settings etc, but nothing worked.

Axis Bank eventually apologized and said that a technical error prevented the Video KYC from being completed.

Airtel, on the other hand, informed me that the Video KYC timeline had expired, and I would receive a call from an in-person Axis representative for KYC.

I have several questions regarding how to proceed. First, what is the right way to ensure that I can get the card without any further drama from Axis's side? Should I call someone or visit an Axis Bank branch, and will this be of any help?

Secondly, since this was an FYF (First Year Free) card, will I still receive the Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500?

Finally, has anyone successfully converted this into an LTF (Lifetime Free) card, and if so, what was the process?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that the Credit Card Community can provide on this matter.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 111

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
An update, applied for a second Airtel Axis Credit Card in my mother's name.

I have submitted an application for the second card, which has been approved in the Airtel App. My sole purpose for applying for this second card was to double my limits of cashback.

The second card is currently in the KYC stage with Axis Bank and is pending approval. I am confident that the KYC process will be completed soon, and I will have access to my second card shortly.
Did you get this second card?

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
will the offer for zomato & swiggy also applicable on blinkit & swigy insta mart?
any update on this question?
Not yet still waiting

Terms and conditions does not say if Blinkit and Instamart are considered or not. I can't find any other source that can confirm this either.

I have transactions in Blinkit but can't confirm if we got cashback on them because Airtel/Axis don't give that break-up anywhere. I'll try to test this again in next billing cycle (as much as possible) and let you know

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Blinkit isn't even mentioned. No way you'd get it. Instamart I got in the month of Feb but the merchant name was Swiggy. Someone reported yesterday that the name is Swiggy Instamart now so I'm not sure about it
That sounds just about right.
We can make a transaction just to be sure but it's pretty hard without an itemized reward point statement

its_karan

TF Ace
any update on this question?
Hey Techsearch,

My elementary level finance knowledge says no for Blinkit as the entities are operating differently.

For Instamart, hedge your bets as they might use a different name and deny you. You will have to figure out how to monitor estimated cashback and actual cashback on a transaction-level basis.

I'll give my two cents on how these banks and third parties get away. For Bigbasket now (same app as BigBasket), the party name shows as PAYTM, and similarly, if you use TATA Pay and enter your debit card, the party name is Innovative Retail. While all these transactions of BBNow and Bigbasket (paid in Tata Neu under the payment gateway of Tata Pay) are essentially going towards the same BigBasket, the bank could deny you the cashback as the statement doesn't mention BigBasket.