• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Solved)Need advice on KYC for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card application and converting to LTF

its_karan

TF Ace
Dear Credit Card Community,

I recently applied for an Airtel Axis Bank credit card through the Airtel Thanks application. While the application was accepted by Airtel, the only remaining step was to complete the Video KYC process, which is done through a static link generated from the Airtel Thanks app on mobile.

Unfortunately, my phone's browser and camera refused to give permission for video, and I tried various solutions such as installing Chrome changing settings etc, but nothing worked.

Axis Bank eventually apologized and said that a technical error prevented the Video KYC from being completed.

Airtel, on the other hand, informed me that the Video KYC timeline had expired, and I would receive a call from an in-person Axis representative for KYC.

I have several questions regarding how to proceed. First, what is the right way to ensure that I can get the card without any further drama from Axis's side? Should I call someone or visit an Axis Bank branch, and will this be of any help?

Secondly, since this was an FYF (First Year Free) card, will I still receive the Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500?

Finally, has anyone successfully converted this into an LTF (Lifetime Free) card, and if so, what was the process?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that the Credit Card Community can provide on this matter.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-25-22-32-17-336_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 111

Alex292929

TF Premier
RML Group

I recently applied for an Airtel Axis Bank credit card through the Airtel Thanks application. While the application was accepted by Airtel, the only remaining step was to complete the Video KYC process, which is done through a static link generated from the Airtel Thanks app on mobile.

Unfortunately, my phone's browser and camera refused to give permission for video, and I tried various solutions such as installing Chrome changing settings etc, but nothing worked.

Axis Bank eventually apologized and said that a technical error prevented the Video KYC from being completed.

Airtel, on the other hand, informed me that the Video KYC timeline had expired, and I would receive a call from an in-person Axis representative for KYC.

I have several questions regarding how to proceed. First, what is the right way to ensure that I can get the card without any further drama from Axis's side? Should I call someone or visit an Axis Bank branch, and will this be of any help?

Secondly, since this was an FYF (First Year Free) card, will I still receive the Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500?

Finally, has anyone successfully converted this into an LTF (Lifetime Free) card, and if so, what was the process?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that the Credit Card Community can provide on this matter.

Thank you.
same thing happened with me, I did the V kyc and no updates till now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230325-210604_Airtel.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325-210604_Airtel.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20230325-204019_Airtel.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325-204019_Airtel.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 85
I've applied for Airtel Axis Card from my father's Airtel app on 25th March 2023, and even though he having no relation with Axis Bank yet, he got it approved today (27th March 2023) although with the least possible Credit limit ever (Rs. 15,000).
So I wanted to know, can I now get the name on card and mobile number linked with this new Airtel card changed to my number linked with my other 3 axis bank credit cards and still enjoy benefits of cashback or not?
Will Axis bank allow me to do this as this would indirectly make me have 4 cards for my number.

Last edited:

dheerajkr

TF Buzz

Thank you.

dheerajkr

TF Buzz
Hie Bro, first u look for axis bank credit card customer care id helpline
Msg them the issue, n give yr details everything about yr application
Then u tel them to send u the person frm their end fr Kyc (finger print scanner) Make sure u get a token id or acknowledge email from their end
U ll get a cal, n a msg wit this guys number n yr Kyc will b done
As promised the joining wil b nil
U will get the 500 voucher too. Til here all fine keeping 21 days in hand post Kyc
But:- LTF fr this card is completely under their jurisdiction, as fr now I guess ur among those lucky people who gets the card easy, axis cards r dicy, if u get it u get it easily, otwse it takes more than a yr or bad luck to get it

dheerajkr

TF Buzz

Thank you.
For CAKARANBATRA

I've applied for Airtel Axis Card from my father's Airtel app on 25th March 2023, and even though he having no relation with Axis Bank yet, he got it approved today (27th March 2023) although with the least possible Credit limit ever (Rs. 15,000).
So I wanted to know, can I now get the name on card and mobile number linked with this new Airtel card changed to my number linked with my other 3 axis bank credit cards and still enjoy benefits of cashback or not?
Will Axis bank allow me to do this as this would indirectly make me have 4 cards for my number.
Any thoughts on this?

its_karan

TF Ace
Any thoughts on this?
Hey Sanchit,

In my experience with credit cards such as Amazon ICICI and HDFC Regalia, I have found that if you continue to use them responsibly over time, the bank may decide to increase your credit limit. So, I would recommend that you keep using your credit card and making timely payments.

Of course, this is just my personal experience and may not be the case for everyone. It would be great to hear from others about their own experiences and any feedback they may have.

Hey Sanchit,

In my experience with credit cards such as Amazon ICICI and HDFC Regalia, I have found that if you continue to use them responsibly over time, the bank may decide to increase your credit limit. So, I would recommend that you keep using your credit card and making timely payments.

Of course, this is just my personal experience and may not be the case for everyone. It would be great to hear from others about their own experiences and any feedback they may have.
Heyy!!
Thanks for you reply.
But my query was not regarding the credit limit offered.
What I wanted to ask was, since the Airtel axis card has been applied on my father's name, if I get the name and mobile number associated with the new card changed to mine, where I'm already holding 3 axis cards, will they change it, because it will indirectly make me hold 4 axis cards.

its_karan

TF Ace
Hey Sanchit,

The bank can change your mobile number but will not change your name or identity. The credit limit is based on your father's individual credit report and score, which are linked to his PAN. Therefore, even if you provide your mobile number, the borrower in the bank's records will still be your father, and the credit limit will be based on his credit score/report, which is sourced from his PAN. You might receive OTPs and transaction alerts, but that's it.

Of course, this is just my personal experience and may not be the case for everyone. It would be great to hear from others about their own experiences and any feedback they may have

Hey Sanchit,

The bank can change your mobile number but will not change your name or identity. The credit limit is based on your father's individual credit report and score, which are linked to his PAN. Therefore, even if you provide your mobile number, the borrower in the bank's records will still be your father, and the credit limit will be based on his credit score/report, which is sourced from his PAN. You might receive OTPs and transaction alerts, but that's it.
Understood.
Yeah, I agree that the application has been approved based on his PAN so whatever happens will happen based on his details.
But the axis bank people are ready to change the name as well for which I will receive another card, as I got a confirmation from Customer Care.

its_karan

TF Ace
Understood.
Yeah, I agree that the application has been approved based on his PAN so whatever happens will happen based on his details.
But the axis bank people are ready to change the name as well for which I will receive another card, as I got a confirmation from Customer Care.
Do let me know how this pans out.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Hello, Can anyone please help me out to apply for the airtel axis CC, I don't have a airtel sim, will port only if card is approved.
Is there any internal criteria of approving the card to airtel users only or even non-airtel users are welcomed ?
My cibil is 759 and I owe a Apay Icici CC.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got the card on my Jio number. So that should be fine. Something to note is that I had applied for the card, and waited for quite some time meanwhile I got an airtel service added and the card was approved in around 2 days. Cannot confirm if the approval was linked to that.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
I got the card on my Jio number. So that should be fine. Something to note is that I had applied for the card, and waited for quite some time meanwhile I got an airtel service added and the card was approved in around 2 days. Cannot confirm if the approval was linked to that.
Ohh..Just applied for it with my jio number and faced rejection.
Whom should I mail to get the reason of it and how to convince them for approval?