• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I file complaint with RBI?

Pradumya

TF Ace
Hi

I applied for AU bank card in Feb 2023 for which the lead id wasn't deleted till September. I mailed AU bank team regarding deletion of the lead id.
In the mail I asked the below -
I want to know when that old application will be removed for me so that I can access swipe up platform.
Also I want to know are you serviceable at 492001 pin code Raipur Chhattisgarh which is a capital of a state?
Lastly, I want to apply for a card through your Swipe up platform with my existing card, when can I proceed with that?

This is what I wrote in that mail.
Their reply was -
This is in reference to your email regarding your query related to AU Bank credit card application CS1302xxxxx10. We regret for inconvenience caused. Further, we wish to submit you that we can provide credit card in your area (492001), would be glad to serve you.

So clearly I was told that I can apply for Swipe up platform at my pincode. So I believed this and applied. Just after the Aadhaar verification, I got a popup (attached).

Now I want to know if I can file a complaint with RBI against false statement made by AU bank and ask them to remove enquiry?
Since I mailed them clearly and they replied positively, I applied for AU bank card.

If I was told that Swipe up platform is unavailable at my pincode then I wouldn't have applied. I applied only because of the statement by AU bank team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909-113223.png
    Screenshot_20230909-113223.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 36

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You may try... but I have seen that RBI generally closes such complaints without taking any actions. As card issuance is completely Bank's call.

Rather you may try to escalate to the management of the bank and see how they responds.

Pradumya

TF Ace
You may try... but I have seen that RBI generally closes such complaints without taking any actions. As card issuance is completely Bank's call.

Rather you may try to escalate to the management of the bank and see how they responds.
Hi
I agree on that part. But I want to raise complaint regarding the false statement by AU bank which influenced me to apply and face enquiry.
I just want my enquiry to be cleared

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
the complaint you will register with au bank will just not yield any result because at the end of the day issuance of cards lie in the hands of the bank
ask them the reason why cant you issue a card

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi
I agree on that part. But I want to raise complaint regarding the false statement by AU bank which influenced me to apply and face enquiry.
I just want my enquiry to be cleared
They had just told that location is serviceable. There could be some other reason for rejection. Try to escalate to their management for false/ misleading information. Then lets see how it goes.

Pradumya

TF Ace
Hey
I don't want to file complaint for not issuing card
I don't care about that.
the complaint you will register with au bank will just not yield any result because at the end of the day issuance of cards lie in the hands of the bank

I want to file a complaint with RBI to remove the enquiry which AU bank put up. I gave consent for enquiry because I was told that swipe up platform is available in my pincode. Otherwise I would not have logged in.

The enquiry should be removed because I was misguided by the representative

Pradumya

TF Ace
They had just told that location is serviceable. There could be some other reason for rejection. Try to escalate to their management for false/ misleading information. Then lets see how it goes.
Hi
They haven't rejected. I want swipe up cards and that's not available at my pincode.
Whereas I was told that it is available.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Hey
I don't want to file complaint for not issuing card
I don't care about that.

I want to file a complaint with RBI to remove the enquiry which AU bank put up. I gave consent for enquiry because I was told that swipe up platform is available in my pincode. Otherwise I would not have logged in.

The enquiry should be removed because I was misguided by the representative
Try complaining that bank mis sold to you
With valid proofs
It might be removed

Pradumya

TF Ace
Try complaining that bank mis sold to you
With valid proofs
It might be removed
They are just repeating the same lines again and again.
"we wish to inform you that as per bank records the card was applied through OTP based journey and has been applied by you. However, we wish to submit you that the CIBIL enquiry is done with customer’s consent to check for availing any type of credit card."

I have all the proofs in 3 seperate email threads. I am now waiting for 30 days so that I can proceed with RBI ombudsman.

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
"we wish to inform you that as per bank records the card was applied through OTP based journey and has been applied by you. However, we wish to submit you that the CIBIL enquiry is done with customer’s consent to check for availing any type of credit card."

I have all the proofs in 3 seperate email threads. I am now waiting for 30 days so that I can proceed with RBI ombudsman.
You are not required to wait for 30 days if bank has replied. 30 days waiting period applies only when there is no revert from bank side.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge

no need to wait for 30 days
just backdate the complaint 30 days and hide the dates in the screenshot
i have done this and directly raised complaints with RBI

Pradumya

TF Ace
That could be done. But I don't want to leave any loopholes for them to close my complaint.
I will prepare my case strong so that they have to remove that enquiry and can't make any excuse.
no need to wait for 30 days
just backdate the complaint 30 days and hide the dates in the screenshot
i have done this and directly raised complaints with RBI

pradeepG

TF Premier
Hi

I applied for AU bank card in Feb 2023 for which the lead id wasn't deleted till September. I mailed AU bank team regarding deletion of the lead id.
In the mail I asked the below -
I want to know when that old application will be removed for me so that I can access swipe up platform.
Also I want to know are you serviceable at 492001 pin code Raipur Chhattisgarh which is a capital of a state?
Lastly, I want to apply for a card through your Swipe up platform with my existing card, when can I proceed with that?

This is what I wrote in that mail.
Their reply was -
This is in reference to your email regarding your query related to AU Bank credit card application CS1302xxxxx10. We regret for inconvenience caused. Further, we wish to submit you that we can provide credit card in your area (492001), would be glad to serve you.

So clearly I was told that I can apply for Swipe up platform at my pincode. So I believed this and applied. Just after the Aadhaar verification, I got a popup (attached).

Now I want to know if I can file a complaint with RBI against false statement made by AU bank and ask them to remove enquiry?
Since I mailed them clearly and they replied positively, I applied for AU bank card.

If I was told that Swipe up platform is unavailable at my pincode then I wouldn't have applied. I applied only because of the statement by AU bank team.
I dont think its a pincode availability issue. they are clearly saying upgrade is not available for you/your profile, which is clearly counted as eligibility of profile not pincode availability.

Pradumya

TF Ace
I dont think its a pincode availability issue. they are clearly saying upgrade is not available for you/your profile, which is clearly counted as eligibility of profile not pincode availability.
You were correct.
Complaint closed by stating ineligibility. I reverted back to RBI with my eligibility and their terms of service document where there was no statement mentioning the eligibility properly.

With this they introduced the below point by sxchzy:
There was a point in their terms and conditions that stated that the same.

So this way AU bank escaped this complaint. Started with pincode then said ineligible when asked for eligibility definition they said it was because of internal policies.

Pradumya

TF Ace
The below is the terms and conditions document shared with RBI by AU SFB.
(converted from docx to pdf)

Attachments

• Terms_&_Conditions_(1).pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 9

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I also live in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. I got AU card easily through swipe up few months back. No issue at all. Couple of my friends/colleagues also have AU credit card. Don't have any other banking relation with them.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This nothing but needless abuse of the system. You apply for credit. An enquiry is conducted. No big deal. Why make it an issue? One enquiry more or less isn't going to impact you in any manner,