• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close my Yesbank RUPAY Credit Card??

mvsaikrishna666

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got Yesbank Prosperity Rewards Plus Credit card in March-2022. Its a RUPAY credit card with limit of 50K. The annual fee of the card is Rs. 399/-. But this card didn't have any offers in any category. Also rewards system of the card is very bad.I'm about to close this card but recently RBI announced RUPAY credit card linking with UPI. Now I'm in confusion about using or closing the card. Should I apply for another bank RUPAY card and close this card or continue with this???
I also have OneCard, ICICI, HDFC credit cards.

prc1990

TF Ace
I got Yesbank Prosperity Rewards Plus Credit card in March-2022. Its a RUPAY credit card with limit of 50K. The annual fee of the card is Rs. 399/-. But this card didn't have any offers in any category. Also rewards system of the card is very bad.I'm about to close this card but recently RBI announced RUPAY credit card linking with UPI. Now I'm in confusion about using or closing the card. Should I apply for another bank RUPAY card and close this card or continue with this???
Keep this Rupay until you get hold of Rupay CC from other banks. Post that you can discontinue this card if you want or try to make it unconditional LTF as the charges are low so bank might honour your request...

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Reach out to Yes bank customer care and ask them for a fee waiver, if they do not comply ask them to cancel the card. I am sure they would budge and provide LTF status to your card. Also, after RBI's announcement related to UPI, it makes a lot of sense to keep a Rupay card as all UPI payments can be routed through it.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Get a BoB rupay cc it has various offers as well it will be more beneficial than yes bank and it's LTF by default