• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Journey to Acquiring the FinBooster Credit Card from YES Bank through BankBazaar, Plus a Virtual Card Experience

credit_noob

TF Select
I am NTB (New to Bank) user. The details covered everything in a long thread. Like everyone, I received many calls from BankBazaar employees saying I was pre-approved. To my surprise, it showed in the app as:

1.Pre-approved

2.Contactless KYC

3.Up to 5L limit

Reality: 1 CIBIL hard inquiry and 1 Experian hard inquiry.

The first thing I did was go to the BankBazaar site and provide all details, including employment details (genuine, please note the surprise waiting at the end of the thread). The last step asked for Aadhar OTP authentication, which I completed.

Locations:

Company: TCS (IDK tier)(may be ultra pro Max 1😁)

Office address: TIER 1 CITY

Home address: TIER 3 TOWN

Distance difference: 250KM

After submitting, I received a verification call. The lady on the call asked for every detail again, which I had filled in the application. After a few minutes, I asked why so many details were being asked again. She said she was editing my application before sending it to YES bank for further processing.

I harshly replied that I had given all details correctly and expressed my trust issues regarding other people editing my application without me observing it live.

She said, 'You can again go inside the same application and check my filling.' I went to the link I received and found that most details were wrong. I told her that if these wrong details were reported in my CIBIL after approval, I wouldn't tolerate it. She said to correct it again from my side. I did so and submitted the application.

The same day in the afternoon, I received a VKYC message from YES bank and continuous calls from BankBazaar to complete the KYC. I completed the KYC.

The next day in the afternoon, I received calls again from both BankBazaar and YES bank to complete the KYC again. I asked why, and they said the PAN card image was blurry while capturing, so they realized it later.

I received the KYC link again. They asked one verification question and took a PAN card photo.

Three days later, I received an application approval message from YES bank. After the approval message, note: We can't activate or see virtual card details in the iris application without card details first (first-time registration required).

After 7 days, the card was received in speed post (no tracking details or mail regarding dispatch). You have to call customer care for the tracking number.

Observation: In one of the booklets, it clearly mentioned 0 joining and 0 renewal fee.

Card Limit Offered: 3L

My highest limit in CIBIL/Experian: 3.2L (APay ICICI)

CIBIL Score: 801

Experian Score: 738

I entered card details and activated the iris app (nice app btw) but did not activate the card.

The same day in the evening, the app showed that I am eligible for a virtual Rupay card variant of Finbooster with the same limit (limit sharing), different billing dates, and the need to pay each bill individually.

Now, the main points start:

I directly called customer care; the first two people were not able to answer.

1.I asked, 'Is this virtual Rupay card limit sharing?'

He replied: 'YES.'

2.'Will it show in my CIBIL report?'

Reply: 'YES.'

3.'Will it show card sanctioned limit too?'

Reply: 'NO, it shows the card but not the offered limit (blank data).'

*** We have to see after a few months.

I went to the app and hit apply. It showed the card would be issued in 2 working days, but it took 5 working days. I received a message that it was approved. The card showed in the app (No CIBIL or Experian inquiry).

I activated both cards, set the PIN, and activated preferred transactions.

Started using the virtual Rupay card, physical card in drawer.

Miscellaneous:

No payslips, bank statements, ITR, or company mail ID verification has been asked.

Received application after 3 days of activation. It's a PDF inside a zip file.

All details are correct except BankBazaar or YES bank employees tampered with the application internally. That is, the income I provided was double the actual value.

One section in the application is very curious:

Heading: Other Bank Credit Card/ Loan Details:

It was filled with my ICICI card account details, including limit, age, etc.

Welcome benefits: ₹70 off on ₹500 order in Swiggy, no coupon required 😂.

Solution
I am NTB (New to Bank) user. The details covered everything in a long thread. Like everyone, I received many calls from BankBazaar employees saying I was pre-approved. To my surprise, it showed in the app as:

1.Pre-approved

2.Contactless KYC

3.Up to 5L limit

The first thing I did was go to the BankBazaar site and provide all details, including employment details (genuine, please note the surprise waiting at the end of the thread). The last step asked for Aadhar OTP authentication, which I completed.

Locations:

After...

BeingIncog

TF Ace

1.Pre-approved

2.Contactless KYC

3.Up to 5L limit

Locations:

After submitting, I received a verification call. The lady on the call asked for every detail again, which I had filled in the application. After a few minutes, I asked why so many details were being asked again. She said she was editing my application before sending it to YES bank for further processing.

I harshly replied that I had given all details correctly and expressed my trust issues regarding other people editing my application without me observing it live.

She said, 'You can again go inside the same application and check my filling.' I went to the link I received and found that most details were wrong. I told her that if these wrong details were reported in my CIBIL after approval, I wouldn't tolerate it. She said to correct it again from my side. I did so and submitted the application.

The same day in the afternoon, I received a VKYC message from YES bank and continuous calls from BankBazaar to complete the KYC. I completed the KYC.

The next day in the afternoon, I received calls again from both BankBazaar and YES bank to complete the KYC again. I asked why, and they said the PAN card image was blurry while capturing, so they realized it later.

I received the KYC link again. They asked one verification question and took a PAN card photo.

Three days later, I received an application approval message from YES bank. After the approval message, note: We can't activate or see virtual card details in the iris application without card details first (first-time registration required).

After 7 days, the card was received in speed post (no tracking details or mail regarding dispatch). You have to call customer care for the tracking number.

Observation: In one of the booklets, it clearly mentioned 0 joining and 0 renewal fee.

Card Limit Offered: 3L

My highest limit in CIBIL/Experian: 3.2L (APay ICICI)

CIBIL Score: 801

Experian Score: 738

I entered card details and activated the iris app (nice app btw) but did not activate the card.

The same day in the evening, the app showed that I am eligible for a virtual Rupay card variant of Finbooster with the same limit (limit sharing), different billing dates, and the need to pay each bill individually.

Now, the main points start:

I directly called customer care; the first two people were not able to answer.

1.I asked, 'Is this virtual Rupay card limit sharing?'

He replied: 'YES.'

2.'Will it show in my CIBIL report?'

Reply: 'YES.'

3.'Will it show card sanctioned limit too?'

Reply: 'NO, it shows the card but not the offered limit (blank data).'

*** We have to see after a few months.

I went to the app and hit apply. It showed the card would be issued in 2 working days, but it took 5 working days. I received a message that it was approved. The card showed in the app (No CIBIL or Experian inquiry).

I activated both cards, set the PIN, and activated preferred transactions.

Started using the virtual Rupay card, physical card in drawer.

Miscellaneous:

No payslips, bank statements, ITR, or company mail ID verification has been asked.

Received application after 3 days of activation. It's a PDF inside a zip file.

All details are correct except BankBazaar or YES bank employees tampered with the application internally. That is, the income I provided was double the actual value.

One section in the application is very curious:

Heading: Other Bank Credit Card/ Loan Details:

It was filled with my ICICI card account details, including limit, age, etc.

Welcome benefits: ₹70 off on ₹500 order in Swiggy, no coupon required 😂.
almost similar experience but little bit faster hehehe

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does the card really help with improving credut score ,

I mean otherwise it's not a very rewarding card by any means ,the virtual Rupay card is a nice touch though

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
This card has very confusing T&C regarding creditstrong subscription. Can anyone update if CC has confirmed creditstrong subscription being lifetime free :
On BankBazaar Website: Lifetime Free

1712388963344.png

On welcome email : Charged from 2nd Year based on spend
1712388865499.png

In Welcome Kit :Lifetime free

1712389145603.png

Last edited: