• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close Canara Bank, Kotak, IDBI, Union Bank of India

vine

TF Premier
I have accounts with Canara Bank, Kotak, IDBI, Union Bank of India.
1) Is there any good offer/CC/DC/any good reason to not close these accounts.
2) Any suggestions (of trustworthy banks) are welcome for SB accounts with zero SMS/DC charges and no blood-sucking penalties. SMS and Debit/ATM card charges get on my nerves, for some reason.

PS:
Am happy with ICICI Wealth a/c and their support.

Solution
2) Any suggestions (of trustworthy banks) are welcome for SB accounts with zero SMS/DC charges and no blood-sucking penalties. SMS and Debit/ATM card charges get on my nerves, for some reason.

PS:
I don't want to go into the details...
If you really want to keep an extra account other than your ICICI WM , it would be Kotak from your list..
All others can be thrown out..

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

PS:
Convert Canara to salary account and hold it for Rupay Select Debit Card. They don't even check salary credit. If your gross salary is more than 150k, you get Rupay Select DC LTF.

Last edited:

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
For 2… have you considered NSDL Payments Bank?

It offers virtual DC and zero balance account for Rs.5 + gst per month. Use it slowly. Please don’t dump all the money in it as that will send a red flag. It is cheaper than traditional savings bank accounts.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

PS:
If you really want to keep an extra account other than your ICICI WM , it would be Kotak from your list..

Solution

vine

TF Premier
thanks for the suggestion! I was leaning towards kotak too. I dont see any particular use with the other three.

vine

TF Premier
For 2… have you considered NSDL Payments Bank?

It offers virtual DC and zero balance account for Rs.5 + gst per month. Use it slowly. Please don’t dump all the money in it as that will send a red flag. It is cheaper than traditional savings bank accounts.
I heard a few horror stories about their implementation & tech & support. This was a couple of years ago.
So, may be I will wait more.

jetesh

TF Ace

PS:
If you want an account with a zero bal feature.... go with an IndusInd Digital Saving Account.

insight

TF Ace

PS:
What all did you end up doing? Did you extract some RuPay Select or Plat DCs from them for the perks?
If you want an account with a zero bal feature.... go with an IndusInd Digital Saving Account.
Do they offer the above for low price?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

PS:
U can close idbi & union bank of India .

Kotak is good no charges it there.u will get offers.
Canara - u can take rupay select wellness card