• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Excellent Service from Union Bank of India Staff

India is changing....

Today was first time I experience such service level from UBI staff / PSU Bank

I hold old salary account for 20+yrs in erstwhile Corpbank now UBI. Just week before lockdown had got new debit card and update my passbook. my home branch is mahakali caves mumbai. So this year after expiry of my debit card issued by Corpbank was confused if it would need auto-renewed would need to re-apply. Since it was not auto-renewed lot of users mentioned I would need to visit branch. Also I needed to update my email-id in the system.

Today I finally decided to visit the nearest branch to my home in sanpada and this is timeline of 15min. Had already downloaded service request form and filled in updated email id.

Walked in branch @ 3.40 PM at customer information counter handed over the filled form with old passbook of Corpbank. Representative asked me if I have account at this branch after knowing my branch is at andheri mentioned it would be better to visit that branch. Next he accepted the form checked all details and mentioned he will take it and since the system does not show my photo record would need some identification. Had attached masked aadhaar photocopy so he did verify orally other personal details. In the meantime DyBranch Manager walked over and just checked the form. I just enquired whether I can apply for debit card at this branch and request for transfer of account from andheri to Sanpada.

DyBranch Manager answered Yes and we can process this request now if needed. I went ahead and request for new debit card. So in next 2-4 min new debit card request was placed by her. I selected Qsparc Rupay Debit Card did not want to go in for higher variant card. She wanted to know if request to transfer of account should be placed and I declined it for now mentioning let me update by passbook and other details from Andheri and then submit the form next week/month. Walked out of branch at 3.55 PM. All this in 15 min span.

4.22 PM receive SMS that request for Personalized Debit Card for account XXX has been processed.

5.30 PM Logged in Netbanking. Tried to re-issue debit card. Error comes up - There is already an active card,

8.00 PM from Mobile app generated Monthly statement and clicked Email option. Statement is emailed to new email address.

All this done before change of date from June 23 to June 24 unheard in any public bank in India.

Now waiting for Debit Card to be delivered at home address hopefully in 7-10 working days. (Indian Postal Service in our pincode also has good track record)

I have read / listened to people curse services of UBI Bank. Nowadays I have seen PSU Banks(UBI and BOI for me) are having better customer service record and fast turnaround time for any request than private banks.

Hope that UBI has this service level across India

Update -
June 27, 2023 - 5. 50PM SMS Received - Please activate your Debit Card ending XXXX by setting GREEN PIN through ATM/WhatsApp
June 27, 2023 - 8.10PM Debit Card listed in Vyom App. Green PIN Set

June 29, 2023 - 6.44PM SMS Received from IndiaPost Package received @Mumbai NSH Track via website
June 30, 2023 - 11 AM - Debit Card received @ Residence Address

Turnaround time for request - 7days including 3 holidays (sat,sun and thurs)

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
India is changing....

I hold old salary account for 20+yrs in erstwhile Corpbank now UBI. Just week before lockdown had got new debit card and update my passbook. my home branch is mahakali caves mumbai. So this year after expiry of my debit card issued by Corpbank was confused if it would need auto-renewed would need to re-apply. Since it was not auto-renewed lot of users mentioned I would need to visit branch. Also I needed to update my email-id in the system.

Today I finally decided to visit the nearest branch to my home in sanpada and this is timeline of 15min. Had already downloaded service request form and filled in updated email id.

Walked in branch @ 3.40 PM at customer information counter handed over the filled form with old passbook of Corpbank. Representative asked me if I have account at this branch after knowing my branch is at andheri mentioned it would be better to visit that branch. Next he accepted the form checked all details and mentioned he will take it and since the system does not show my photo record would need some identification. Had attached masked aadhaar photocopy so he did verify orally other personal details. In the meantime DyBranch Manager walked over and just checked the form. I just enquired whether I can apply for debit card at this branch and request for transfer of account from andheri to Sanpada.

DyBranch Manager answered Yes and we can process this request now if needed. I went ahead and request for new debit card. So in next 2-4 min new debit card request was placed by her. I selected Qsparc Rupay Debit Card did not want to go in for higher variant card. She wanted to know if request to transfer of account should be placed and I declined it for now mentioning let me update by passbook and other details from Andheri and then submit the form next week/month. Walked out of branch at 3.55 PM. All this in 15 min span.

4.22 PM receive SMS that request for Personalized Debit Card for account XXX has been processed.

5.30 PM Logged in Netbanking. Tried to re-issue debit card. Error comes up - There is already an active card,

8.00 PM from Mobile app generated Monthly statement and clicked Email option. Statement is emailed to new email address.

All this done before change of date from June 23 to June 24 unheard in any public bank in India.

Now waiting for Debit Card to be delivered at home address hopefully in 7-10 working days. (Indian Postal Service in our pincode also has good track record)

I have read / listened to people curse services of UBI Bank. Nowadays I have seen PSU Banks(UBI and BOI for me) are having better customer service record and fast turnaround time for any request than private banks.

Absolutely commendable effort to your for sharing your experience.
Yes, now a days PSU are improving their services and try to come up at par with customers expectations.

Last edited:

thegame

TF Premier
at first seeing the subject "Shocking Service" I thought you ran into some issue with the bank or staff were clueless about their own bank products :D as that's what most are expecting or experiencing from PSU banks especially the wait time.. may be "Excellent service" would have made the subject more relevant/appreciating the bank's service :D

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
India is changing....

I used to have an account at a Shikhar branch of Canara Bank. Never took more than 15 minutes for anything there. I got my 1st Visa credit card too. I could exchange and get 17000 in 100 Rs notes about a week or two after 8/11/16. Branches situated in areas with large number of current accounts are usually very efficient. Is your branch near MAFCO ? That could be the reason they are so efficient.

India is changing....

Update Status -
June 27, 2023 - 5. 50PM SMS Received - Please activate your Debit Card ending XXXX by setting GREEN PIN through ATM/WhatsApp
June 27, 2023 - 8.10PM Debit Card listed in Vyom App. Green PIN Set

June 29, 2023 - 6.44PM SMS Received from IndiaPost Package received @Mumbai NSH Track via website
June 30, 2023 - 11 AM - Debit Card received @ Residence Address

Turnaround time for request - 7days including 3 holidays (sat,sun and thurs)

Last edited:

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
at first seeing the subject "Shocking Service" I thought you ran into some issue with the bank or staff were clueless about their own bank products :D as that's what most are expecting or experiencing from PSU banks especially the wait time.. may be "Excellent service" would have made the subject more relevant/appreciating the bank's service :D
Changed the thread title from Shocking to Excellent.

Hope its ok now.

Thanks!!