• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Using sbi cashback card last 3 months minimum 1 lakh spending every month till no changes
What changes would you love to have??

If it is upside:
Just be happy that your CL was not cut into pieces and consider current limit as LE to the tune of: 1,25,000 ( 1,35,000 - 10,000)

If it is downside: Just help yourself by transeferring some CL from other SBI card (if you have) to CB card and just sit and watch how the drama unfolds..

Jokes aside,
It looks looke like your CB card is your first SBI card / you haven't played with your CB card's CL .. You are safe mate...

In that case, you could be a probable candidate for this CL truncation...
Have you used CB card extensively? or minimal usage only?
Have you closed any other SBI cards recently??
If your limits are intact in the next coming few days then you are an exception to this rule here... and there must be some reason for this exception to get triggered.....
CB last 3 month 1lakh use, elite regular 1L & tata star regular 2.25-2.5L every month
No card closer.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
CB last 3 month 1lakh use, elite regular 1L & tata star regular 2.25-2.5L every month
No card closer.
By looking at this:

1) You haven't extensively used CB card ( hence less cost to SBI)
2)You haven't closed your elite card after CL transfer from elite to CB.( You are being a good boy like the Lord Rama)
3)Your Tata ~ 2.5 lakhs / month spends ( You mean business to SBI)

So, in all seriousness , based on your outstanding characterstics of a good customer ( from POV of SBI) you are here by honoured to have the same CLs ... If you continue to show the same patronage , you would most likely get LE.. I assume you are a long term customer to SBI...

Fun aside, any business likes a customer like you and I am really surprised to see the SBI CL cutter program is infact smart enough to recognise a " good customer"...

moonsmart

TF Premier
Just talked to customer care guy about this, he told me that a lot of people have called about the same issue and its a technical glitch in their system, the limits will be restored in a couple of days. I'm not sure how accurate his information is, lets see what happens.

D

Deleted member 16965

Well, I’m not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure happiness is good for health. And sugar makes me happy.😊
Sugar makes many people happy
bfe15e909046cc5823969b183702efc6_ec2107d134f37d88616a2df1968b3b9b.jpg