• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had 2 lakh limit on CB for a moth i transferred to 1 lakh in NOV 2022 to CB and later got 2 lakh LE and 4.5 LE on CB

Now i have 2.5 on OLA and 2.55 on CB :( not sure on logic
See here there is no logic... i.e. SBI... However we are trying to dervie some logic by considering some use cases from our members..
You said at one time you have transferred some limit to CB card right? that is suffice for this use case..

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
See here there is no logic... i.e. SBI... However we are trying to dervie some logic by considering some use cases from our members..
You said at one time you have transferred some limit to CB card right? that is suffice for this use case..
But it was restored back by LE right ?
If CB is your second card they always gave only 10K limit then how we can get limit ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But it was restored back by LE right ?
If CB is your second card they always gave only 10K limit then how we can get limit ?
See the thing is,
the computer program that runs in this case, may be looking at "whether the card holder has transferred any CL from other cards or not?",
thats it.. I am not saying this is how it is working because we don't have how thery written the code...n we are trying to understand ....
When you say if CB card is your second card and you were alloted only 10K , what SBI was expecting may be to organically grow the CL on SBI card itself or by presdeting ITR/Salary Slip..

What I observed fromt he conversation from Retention team sometime back was:
There were a lot of people abused the SBI card system by applying for the a new card and transerring all that limit to CB card and closing the newly opened card... hence they stopped transferring Cl from one card to another..
They are taking revenge now, unfortuantely it is effecting the mass..
Instead what they should hav done, cut off limit only from the guys who closed the cards after transffering CL

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
See the thing is,
the computer program that runs in this case, may be looking at "whether the card holder has transferred any CL from other cards or not?",
thats it.. I am not saying this is how it is working because we don't have how thery written the code...n we are trying to understand ....
When you say if CB card is your second card and you were alloted only 10K , what SBI was expecting may be to organically grow the CL on SBI card itself or by presdeting ITR/Salary Slip..

There were a lot of people abused the SBI card system by applying for the a new card and transerring all that limit to CB card and closing the newly opened card... hence they stopped transferring Cl from one card to another..
Instead what they should hav done, cut off limit only from the guys who closed the cards after transffering CL
Closed the CB card ?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
See the thing is,

This Case is not with everyone.

@pprakash11 also transferred limit from Click to Cashback but limits Across his cards are intact as it is.

Another parameter may be Utilization Ratio ?

My Utilization Ratio over past few months is constantly around 40%/Bill Cycle.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This Case is not with everyone.

@pprakash11 also transferred limit from Click to Cashback but limits Across his cards are intact as it is.

Another parameter may be Utilization Ratio ?

My Utilization Ratio over past few months is constantly around 40%./Bill Cycle.
True , there are some other factors playing the role here... we are trying establish some common ground here..

And
SBI taking this opportunity to clean up the excess CLs given to various card holoders by applying some other criteria .. Example ELite card's CL trashed to almost nothing in one of the above cases..

Certailnly it is a some massive clean up that is happening right now, real reasons would be known only after the dust settles..

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
See the thing is,

In that case it would have been best case if they had transferred it back to the other card if active.. I didn't want to cancel my FBB at that time.
We didn't manipulate anything. We just checked if they can transfer limit between cards and customer care readily agreed.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In that case it would have been best case if they had transferred it back to the other card if active.. I didn't want to cancel my FBB at that time.
We didn't manipulate anything. We just checked if they can transfer limit between cards and customer care readily agreed.
Even though you didn't do anything manipulative, you were unfortunately caught in the middle of storm, when some considerable number of people did some manipulation at the same time...Unfortuante... Its all about timing...