• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Scapia drastically reducing credit limit.

krishc

TF Ace
I think this uncanny behaviour is more on the part of Federal Bank rather than Scapia.
Federal Bank wants a big pie of the fintech customer pool but they don't want to upgrade themselves upto date. (experience from having Jupiter account for 2 years and then had to close it)

btw, read somewhere that Scapia recently raised fresh funds and plans to expand by having more banking partners (similar to OneCard).

telescope

TF Ace
Just checked scapia limit after this thread, mine also reduced from 5 lakh+ to 1.4
Though it won't affect my spending, as I was not spending much, still it breaks heart. Scapia was having highest limit in my portfolio.

Last edited:

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Mine increased !!

10L+ to 20L+

Mirzapur Bhaiya GIF

telescope

TF Ace
These people should give some sort of prior intimation. Someone in the middle of a trip relying on a Scapia and receiving a message that limit has been reduced is crazy. 😐
you have raised a very valid concern. this again is a wake-up call for everyone to never rely on a single bank/card/network while travelling (especially while travelling abroad)

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
These are more bound to happen in startups than traditional banks. I dont think (maybe wrong) that bigger banks would be doing these things. They wont give such limits to start with.
Also, for scapia, it became free marketing as folks used to put on social media that how they arr getting high credit limit on scapia cards.
RBL and Kotak say Hi