• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I took SC Smart last year because it was said that it is a stepping stone towards Ultimate which was my ultimate goal. But over the last 10 months, SC Ultimate redemption options have gone so downhill that now I'm feeling content that I wasn't eligible back then because of the limit. (Even though now I am, but I'll pass)
Stay with Smart , and Be Smart !!

Last edited:

leonneel

TF Premier
i suggest you to take SC smart as second card instead of ultimate , very poor reward redemption voucher in theirs portal , better go cashback cards
I had gotten 4 cards pre approved on my account, sc ultimate, sc smart and 2 other ...I chose sc smart over sc ultimate. Sc smart is best card from scb

apindersingh

TF Buzz
Depends on your use case.

Best part is
1) No capping on reward points
2) Points get credited as soon as transaction is settled
3) You get reward points on all transactions except fuel.

Worst part is points redemption.

I’ve redeemed points mostly for FirstCry and Uber.

Hope this helps.
For first cry is It 1:1?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@S S V @Bigde

Need a help

Got a offer for SC ultimate i already hold DCB
and my max spends is on diffrent cards

Please suggest if i can go for ultimate
Ultimate is really a waste card.. look at redemption options.. pathetic.. what’s the point in having good number of reward points when all you can do with those RPs is redeem them to pathetic vouchers you never ever use..
Only card worth having in SC portfolio is SC smart.. all others are almost equivalent to Garbage