• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI SimplySave or BPCL Rupay CC

xfactcc

TF Premier
Namaskar,

As you would know SBI is offering credit limit enhancement and additional Rupay Credit Card to some users on their app, check your SBI Cards app to see if you have.

I have SBI Cashback card, and I am being offered SimplySave or BPCL Rupay credit card, all paid.

PS: I have a scooter and fuel expense is minimal.

Which one is my best bet according to your experienced opinion?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated 👍

Last edited:
Namaskar,

As you would know SBI is offering credit limit enhancement and additional Rupay Credit Card to some users on their app, check your SBI Cards app to see if you have.

I have SBI Cashback card, and I am being offered SimplySave or BPCL Rupay credit card, all paid.

It’s strange on my phone when I click on rupay banner in sbi card app it’s say sorry your offer expired:(

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
Namaskar,

In my SBI Card App No offer Showing 🥲🥲

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
Go for SBI Simply Save Credit Card as this is Rupay Variant and you can use it on any paytm merchants or others, which are mostly Grocery and Deparmental so you can easily get 10X Rewards points and later you can also use these points to pay your outstanding bills not like Sbi Simply Click and here the cashback value comes to 1.6 percent so its quite good.

And you can easily get any Fuel Cards which are mostly coming in Rupay Variant and with better reward rate. And to make LTF in SBI is a headache as you can see. And you can easily cross the 1 lakh limit in upi Credit card so its not a big deal. I personally applied for Sbi Simply Save Credit through this offer

xfactcc

TF Premier
Go for BPCL
(You can easily convert LTF later)
How? Please guide. 🙏

I have heard that they don't upgrade BPCL to core card since it's considered co-branded. Is it easily possible to upgrade it later to BPCL Octane?

Also, I want to take benefit of SBI card offers on shopping portals since Cashback card is often excluded from these.

MJN

TF Premier
How? Please guide. 🙏

I have heard that they don't upgrade BPCL to core card since it's considered co-branded. Is it easily possible to upgrade it later to BPCL Octane?

Also, I want to take benefit of SBI card offers on shopping portals since Cashback card is often excluded from these.
SBI BPCL RUPAY will work on SBI Offers unlike Cashback Sbi;

Octane card is their premium card; Use Normal BPCL for 6 months; Then you can ask for BPCL LTF or Paid Octane depending on your limit

xfactcc

TF Premier
I may be a bit late, but I do not spend much on fuel as I have a regular scooter. The nearest BPCL petrol pump is far away from my residence (HPCL is nearest).

That should be factored in since I see BPCL card has got the most votes.

prashu

TF Premier
SBI BPCL RUPAY will work on SBI Offers unlike Cashback Sbi;

Octane card is their premium card; Use Normal BPCL for 6 months; Then you can ask for BPCL LTF or Paid Octane depending on your limit
I am using bpcl card limit 36k from 6months , spends 1.2L I mailed sbi cc for ltf conversion they simply rejected

helloworld

TF Legend
Rupay cc for scan n pay upi payment, obviously🙂

there are far better cards for that.

for starters, even bob snapdeal provides better rewards for 300rs. annual fee. than these cards.

if that is the reason, still won't recommend any of these cards.

xfactcc

TF Premier
I am using bpcl card limit 36k from 6months , spends 1.2L I mailed sbi cc for ltf conversion they simply rejected
Please check:

helloworld

TF Legend
To avail the SBI credit card offers on shopping portals like Amazon

how much can you spend per year on these offers? in multiples of 50k.

another point to shortlist your options..

- if applying for offers only, then why checking through fuel benefits or departmental benefits, I think annual spend waiver should decide that option and when it lies within offer duration spends.

something easy to achieve.

Last edited:

xfactcc

TF Premier
how much can you spend per year on these offers? in multiples of 50k.

another point to shortlist your options..

- if applying for offers only then why checking through fuel benefits or departmental benefits, I think annual spend waiver should decide that option and when it lies within offer duration spends.

something easy to achieve.
Because these two cards are offered right now as additional card, so chances of approval is not moot.

SBI offers fee reversal on request if spend well even if you don't meet the reversal criteria at all. I recently did for my Cashback card or closure request also gets this done by retention team's intervention, sometimes even LTF, check the post shared above.

helloworld

TF Legend
Because these two cards are offered right now as additional card, so chances of approval is not moot.

SBI offers fee reversal on request if spend well even if you don't meet the reversal criteria at all. I recently did for my Cashback card or closure request also gets this done by retention team's intervention, sometimes even LTF, check the post shared above.

- fees is not the issue.
- dont spend on fuel.
- need for only bank offers.
- obviously not good for UPI spends.

based on these options,

- if you want to upgrade to core card, apply simplysave.

- if you want to upgrade any card by applying fresh in their website or like this method you're doing, apply any card.

apply, simplysave not good card but fulfils all criteria.