• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CC late payment, is there anything we can do?

xfactcc

TF Premier
Dear members,

Recently I got SBI BPCL rupay credit card as additional card to my 1+ yo Cashback credit card as an offer was going on in app.

The card was instantly approved and issued on 19 December, January 4 was the statement date, 23 January was the payment date.

I rely on Cred to pay my bills timely (I know, risky and I am paying the price), since I have 10+ credit cards and I am somewhat of a collector. I forgot to add the card there and Cred missed giving me notification.

On 27 January I got a reminder call from SBI Cards*, realised the mistake, and paid the dues of Rs. 1,180 instantly. From 23rd to 27th, 4 days had passed. On 26th January, I see Rs.750 of late fee excl. tax has been levied.

*Before that I did not receive any notification from SBI, they called on the 4th day, conveniently after the RBI's grace period, and now here I stand.

I called SBI Cards today, twice, to reverse the fee, the first one took a request, and it was rejected citing 'internal policy' (got SMS), he told me I have to use the card minimum 6 months before they can reverse these fees i.e., finance, late fee, annual fee etc. Neither they were helpful about late fee report suppression to credit bureaus.

I feel depressed since I have never missed a single payment before, I have 4 y long credit history, and score of 778. The card hasn't been reported to CIBIL yet.

Is there anything that can be done? Or I must sit there and see my credit score collapse. I have read SBI does report the tiniest underpayments and late payments.​

Strange

TF Legend
Dear members,

Recently I got SBI BPCL rupay credit card as additional card to my 1+ yo Cashback credit card as an offer was going on in app.

The card was instantly approved and issued on 19 December, January 4 was the statement date, 23 January was the payment date.

I rely on Cred to pay my bills timely (I know, risky and I am paying the price), since I have 10+ credit cards and I am somewhat of a collector. I forgot to add the card there and Cred missed giving me notification.

On 27 January I got a reminder call from SBI Cards*, realised the mistake, and paid the dues of Rs. 1,180 instantly. From 23rd to 27th, 4 days had passed. On 26th January, I see Rs.750 of late fee excl. tax has been levied.

*Before that I did not receive any notification from SBI, they called on the 4th day, conveniently after the RBI's grace period, and now here I stand.

I called SBI Cards today, twice, to reverse the fee, the first one took a request, and it was rejected citing 'internal policy' (got SMS), he told me I have to use the card minimum 6 months before they can reverse these fees i.e., finance, late fee, annual fee etc. Neither they were helpful about late fee report suppression to credit bureaus.

I feel depressed since I have never missed a single payment before, I have 4 y long credit history, and score of 778. The card hasn't been reported to CIBIL yet.

Is there anything that can be done? Or I must sit there and see my credit score collapse. I have read SBI does report the tiniest underpayments and late payments.​
SBI Cards reports payments on Due Date + 3.

If you paid in 3 days grace period then I don't think it will be reported to CIBIL but you paid on 4th day then they will definitely report it to CIBIL and never gonna remove it.

Last edited:

xfactcc

TF Premier
they can only charge you on the outstanding amount not on the total statement amount
write to nodal desk
My total outstanding was 1,178, it included 590 personal transaction, and 499+89 joining fee. Since it was above 1,000. SBI charged at Rs. 750 for 'Outstanding Amount greater than Rs. 1000 & up to Rs. 10,000' slab.