• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Ace
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

• SBI Cashback.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

Sriim

TF Premier
Sorry if it's a repeat question. Unable to find answer.

To get 5% on purchasing AGV from Amazon itself, is there any specific merchant name?

Or is there any merchant name that should be avoided?

NikhilG

TF Select
I want to warn everyone not to pay credit card bills via paytm bill payment section. Last night I paid via paytm bill payment with my icici upi and they paytm gave me failed msg(sbi declined payment) after half an hour. paytm details section says refund initiated but I don't see refund reference number and also my bank account doesn't show refund. What should i do?

kushhh

TF Ace
I want to warn everyone not to pay credit card bills via paytm bill payment section. Last night I paid via paytm bill payment with my icici upi and they paytm gave me failed msg(sbi declined payment) after half an hour. paytm details section says refund initiated but I don't see refund reference number and also my bank account doesn't show refund. What should i do?
Now wait for 7-10 days . This is the reason I font pay cc bills thru Paytm

NikhilG

TF Select
I think, I will have to consider going to twitter. There is no customer care of paytm, no helpline number to reach them, no customer care email, just an in app bot which is of no use. I can't even get the refund reference number from their app, and there is no where I can find it. Please let me know if someone has a similar experience?

sri222

TF Select
I think, I will have to consider going to twitter. There is no customer care of paytm, no helpline number to reach them, no customer care email, just an in app bot which is of no use. I can't even get the refund reference number from their app, and there is no where I can find it. Please let me know if someone has a similar experience?
Same happened with me. Credit card bill paid using Paytm wallet balance (on January 8th). Transaction failed and amount got debited. Status showed as Refund initiated.
I have contacted Twitter support and asked Refund reference number, they replied as 'Refund initiated, wait for 3 to 7 working days, reference number will be shared once refund is credited'. I just left it there.
After 1 week, Refund reference number was updated under failed transaction (here refund initiated date mentioned as January 16th), next day amount got credited to Paytm wallet balance.

Last edited:

Sriim

TF Premier
Maybe it's something with SBI cashback and Paytm. I was unable to purchase gift vouchers in Paytm using my SBI cashback card.

Update - was unable to purchase using UPI as well. Meaning the issue is with Paytm alone

NikhilG

TF Select
Same happened with me. Credit card bill paid using Paytm wallet balance (on January 8th). Transaction failed and amount got debited. Status showed as Refund initiated.
I have contacted Twitter support and asked Refund reference number, they replied as 'Refund initiated, wait for 3 to 7 working days, reference number will be shared once refund is credited'. I just left it there.
After 1 week, Refund reference number was updated under failed transaction (here refund initiated date mentioned as January 16th), next day amount got credited to Paytm wallet balance.
Why wallet balance? I paid via icici upi in paytm app. Should it not be refunded in same account? And also it should be instant. They are bluffing that refund initiated and they don't have refund reference number. Probably they want to eat the interest of 1 week or 10 days