• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback Credit Card- Annual fee debited

skyisthelimit

TF Select
Annual fee for SBI Cashback Credit card is debited yesterday, even after, spending of more than Rs. 2 lakh.

Will it get reversed automatically or take up the matter with "Clueless SBI Card" ?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Context - Spent close to 10lakhs on my SBI Cashback card this year. The card was issued last year October. Now when Im checking my credit card statement, I have an annual fee charged (1180 rupees). Is this a bug? or will my fees be reversed?
PS: Dont mind paying the fee, but I don't want SBI to go back on their word!
It will be reversed along with GST in a few weeks. Same happened to me as well.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Context - Spent close to 10lakhs on my SBI Cashback card this year. The card was issued last year October. Now when Im checking my credit card statement, I have an annual fee charged (1180 rupees). Is this a bug? or will my fees be reversed?
PS: Dont mind paying the fee, but I don't want SBI to go back on their word!
It will be reversed along with GST in a few weeks. Same happened to me as well.
If you guys had spent about 10 lakhs p.a.
you can request them for LTF and they will gladly oblige as done by a few including myself
I spent about 7 lakhs only

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the problem of you are filing required tax? IT won't do anything. All they get is a report. If they check, they will see that the person has enough income and has paid tax on it. What's the worry?
Not a problem for people with genuine spends but why bring additional scrutiny to the tax returns.

If you are the one doing spends for your whole family and you exceed above 10 lakh in multiple cards, there is an additional headache to explain if asked by IT.

The real problem is for the rotators.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you are the one doing spends for your whole family and you exceed above 10 lakh in multiple cards, there is an additional headache to explain if asked by IT
Not a problem for people with genuine spends but why bring additional scrutiny to the tax returns

To catch the naughty guys…
While implementing these systems,
unfortunately sometimes the obedient guys get caught in the process.. and had to spend some unwanted time explaining themselves..
Without these kind of measures, catching naughty guys becomes very difficult .
To avoid this unpleasant situation , spread your and your family spends across different FYs and across different cards

Vineeth043

TF Buzz
I have spent around 1.8L on SBI cashback credit card, and I will be charged with annual fee on December 13th, can I call SBI and ask for fee wavier, will they consider or should I spend another 20k for automatic wavier?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I have spent around 1.8L on SBI cashback credit card, and I will be charged with annual fee on December 13th, can I call SBI and ask for fee wavier, will they consider or should I spend another 20k for automatic wavier?
In advance ,They will not consider for Annual fee waiver..
Either spent additional 20k for automatic waiver or wait for A/F to be charged and then call for waiver..

Akr706

TF Select
are spends which are reversed counted towards this? Say I order something and cancel it two days later, will that spend be counted towards 10L? Bank at least consider the reversed money as payment towards the statement, so I wonder would spends like these could also F**k someone over, especially those who want to avoid it but tread closely to that line.
SBI doesn't count refunds as payments towards the statement.