• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Closure

SamPtnk

TF Ace
I have permanently closed my simply save card in May , reflecting in Cibil
But SBI is generating statements as 0 amt due every month

Is this normal ?
Once a card is closed how come they can generate statement ?

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
my account is closed 1 year back and the same is reported to all credit bureaus but the same card is still showing in sbi card app and website.. also sometimes statement also comes.. mailed pno about this but they said that your card account is closed.. so no worry..

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I have permanently closed my simply save card in May , reflecting in Cibil
But SBI is generating statements as 0 amt due every month

Is this normal ?
Once a card is closed how come they can generate statement ?
just to ensure, in your next cibil report check whether the card status is mentioned as closed.
if yes, then it may be just a technical glitch from sbi. also check a few other scores to make sure.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
my account is closed 1 year back and the same is reported to all credit bureaus but the same card is still showing in sbi card app and website.. also sometimes statement also comes.. mailed pno about this but they said that your card account is closed.. so no worry..
Yes my card is also showing

s4more

TF Select
Happened to me as well. Initiated closure of my SBI Prime CC 3 weeks before card anniversary after clearing all dues. They delayed the closure for more than 2 weeks and charged me annual fees in a newly generated statement. Also there is no online option to dispute annual fees as the checkbox is greyed out. I paid it 3 days past due date after multiple sms and email to clear dues in order to avoid CIBIL remark but still shows up as late payment and Cibil score went down. It is my only late payment ever. I am now escalating with nodal officer and RBI Ombudsman.

SBI Cards is never getting my business again.