• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card app location permission

pmhunter

TF Select
Anybody else thinks it's ridiculous that we need to provide precise location to access a credit card application?
In their response to Google Play reviews they mention it's to alert if app is being used on an open/unsecured network.:confused:

I've stopped using the app and only use the website now.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Anybody else thinks it's ridiculous that we need to provide precise location to access a credit card application?
In their response to Google Play reviews they mention it's to alert if app is being used on an open/unsecured network.:confused:

I've stopped using the app and only use the website now.
I also feel the same.. it is not at all required

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Irony is that, SBI credit card application required location in android but in iPhone, it work without location service.

I believe there are some other application as well, which behave in same way.
Is it I didn’t notice that.. I am on iOS now.. let me check

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Irony is that, SBI credit card application required location in android but in iPhone, it work without location service.

I believe there are some other application as well, which behave in same way.
Yes, you are right.. it did work on iPhone without location services ON..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
See the thread below this thread , there should be some directive from RBI or someone to make this location sharing should be optional not a mandatory for credit card apps also….

1700340903024.png

Last edited:

atx

TF Select
Same thoughts.... Have been using their website only for past several months because of this mandatory location permission issue.

Its an unethical, dark pattern. Dark pattern because they're forcing us to share our location by arm-twisting, blocking us from even accessing txns and bills if location is not shared.. And unethical because unless we're using some location related service, location service is not at all needed to check statements, unbillled txns, etc.

All SBI card users should post a negative review regarding this unethical practice, and this problem might get solved.

Last edited: