• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account Suggestion

My friend is joining Bain and Company and has been offered a choice of salary accounts from Standard Chartered, Axis, HDFC and Kotak. Which one should he go for? Offerings are similar across all with respect to loans etc.- I've recommended HDFC to him for offers + so that he can get a premium credit card, followed by Axis

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
I had the option to opt for StanC for salary account with the new company. But, guess I will stick to ICICI account (my previous salary account)

Akshay Ajmera

TF Select
I have HDFC salary account

Pros
1) high variant debit card (no charges), like withdrawal and online spend (i think other bank provide too)
2) credit card , depend upon salary and maintenance (I don't know y I am thinking axis offer Better, I am not sure tho interns of credit card)
3) cheque and DD will be same for other banks to for salary account

But not sure about loans and stuffs

Moral of the story
Depends on salary, if less than 1lakh ok for HDFC, if more than 1Lkh go for axis (y?), because of their account hierarchy , HDFC IS LITERALLY USELESS IN TERMS OF THEIR ACCOUNT HIERARCHY, LET THAT SINK IN.
Can you explain why axis is good for salary greater than 1L.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Amazon Pay. I got it within 4 months of account opening. First card was rejected. Then, salary account was opened in ICICI. Then approved.
Was any document verification after ur account was salary account....?? Did you got... No income proof vkyc available banner in amazon app...??

AsB

TF Ace
Was any document verification after ur account was salary account....?? Did you got... No income proof vkyc available banner in amazon app...??
Nope. Nothing. First rejected. Then approved. In an instant.
First time -
There was Office visit. (I was an intern back then, so no salary account)
There was House Visit
VKYC was done

Then-
Approved. Nothing above. Not even vkyc. Only a hard enquiry on CIBIL (771)

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Nope. Nothing. First rejected. Then approved. In an instant.
First time -
There was Office visit. (I was an intern back then, so no salary account)
There was House Visit
VKYC was done

Then-
Approved. Nothing above. Not even vkyc. Only a hard enquiry on CIBIL (771)
I think salary account working in ur favor... I also has salary account now in icici.... Mine 1st application was rejected.... So asked

• Sad
Reactions: AsB

AsB

TF Ace
I think salary account working in ur favor... I also has salary account now in icici.... Mine 1st application was rejected.... So asked
I would suggest that you take a FD based card in ICICI. Use it for sometime, maybe 2-3 months, and apply for Amazon Pay, while your FD card is active. Many people were able to get their card.