• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay QSPARC

AJ331

TF Select
Union bank is offering Rupay QSPARC cards, are they different from Rupay classic and platinum.
While trying to apply debit card online I see only 2 options
Rupay QSPARC and visa paywave

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
RuPay QSPARC is a RuPay contactless card or dual interface NCMC card, its a fancy name (or code name) of RuPay contactless card.

Same like Visa contactless called - Visa Paywave, Mastercard contactless called Paypass, JCB card called JCB QUICPay or QUICPay+, China's UnionPay card called QuickPass, Amex card called Expresspay.

RuPay QSPARC full form - "Quick Specification for Payment Application of RuPay Chip" card.

RuPay qSPARC is a Dual Interface Open loop payment specification, with the option of loading multiple payment applications on a single card. This certification is issued by NPCI.

RuPay qSPARC contactless card/NCMC Card give you offline wallet option, first load money on your offline wallet account & use for Contactless transaction on any Metro in India, buses, toll, parking, retail etc.

RuPay offline contactless wallet option limit - upto 200 per transaction.
RuPay online contactless limit - upto 5000 per transaction (directly money debited from bank account or credit card).

Now answer to your ques - Union bank RuPay QSPARC card is "RuPay Classic contactless debit card".

Last edited:
Just got issued personalised QSparc Rupay card this month.

It seems offline prepaid account is created to add funds to this wallet. I'm able to see a current account in netbanking with account number as savings with prefix R so current account no - RXXXXXXX. The category of this account is shown as CARCC and date of account creation is same as card issue daate. I tried to transfer funds via account to account transfer and it failed with error Only Add Money via txn permitted. Also via upi it fails with error this account is not enabled for credit.

Seems funds can only be added via POS terminal.
Will check with branch on more details.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Just got issued personalised QSparc Rupay card this month.

It seems offline prepaid account is created to add funds to this wallet. I'm able to see a current account in netbanking with account number as savings with prefix R so current account no - RXXXXXXX. The category of this account is shown as CARCC and date of account creation is same as card issue daate. I tried to transfer funds via account to account transfer and it failed with error Only Add Money via txn permitted. Also via upi it fails with error this account is not enabled for credit.

Seems funds can only be added via POS terminal.
Will check with branch on more details.
Why you want to add money in your offline contactless wallet account ?

If you want to use for Metro and bus ticket transaction then go ahead otherwise ignore offline contactless wallet account.

Karthik:

TF Premier
I can also see NCMC wallet account for my Union Bank Rupay Platinum debit card. @Abhishek012, How does this offline wallet work ? We can use directly in CMRL or any metro after recharging or we need to load them in AVM after recharge ?. It's interesting as it's a DC+Prepaid card which can work both online and offline. Do we need to use AVM for sure like regular cards ? Also since NCMC is offline and works contactless, so we need to enable contactless in DC or it'll work even when online contactless on DC is off ?

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I can also see NCMC wallet account for my Union Bank Rupay Platinum debit card. @Abhishek012, How does this offline wallet work ? We can use directly in CMRL or any metro after recharging or we need to load them in AVM after recharge ?. It's interesting as it's a DC+Prepaid card which can work both online and offline. Do we need to use AVM for sure like regular cards ? Also since NCMC is offline and works contactless, so we need to enable contactless in DC or it'll work even when online contactless on DC is off ?
Already discuss here -

Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Card/ RuPay Metro Card & share your experience & help others​

Karthik:

TF Premier
Already discuss here -

Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Card/ RuPay Metro Card & share your experience & help others​

Thanks. Many say we need to get the balance loaded in card with customer care. Are there any charges to load to debit+prepaid card directly from bank account, like Singara Chennai card ? And I am still not clear whether prepaid contactless will work or not with DC contactless off.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Thanks. Many say we need to get the balance loaded in card with customer care. Are there any charges to load to debit+prepaid card directly from bank account, like Singara Chennai card ? And I am still not clear whether prepaid contactless will work or not with DC contactless off.
You need to enabled your contactless transaction.

Singara Chennai card is prepaid card right ? I think online load money option available.

If your Singara Chennai card is issue by SBI Bank then you can top-up via BBPS (3rd party app) but yes you need to load them in AVM after recharge.

Here - Now RuPay Card ‘NCMC Recharge’ supported through BBPS (Bharat Bill Pay System):

Karthik:

TF Premier
You need to enabled your contactless transaction
Okay. IOB has a different payment channel saying offline wallet in addition to POS, E Com, Contactless etc. That's why asked.
Singara Chennai card is prepaid card right ? I think online load money option available.

If your Singara Chennai card is issue by SBI Bank then you can top-up via BBPS (3rd party app) but yes you need to load them in AVM after recharge.
No. Only option to load prepaid wallet with DC is using mobile banking direct transfer from account. I am asking if there are any charges for that as it is not an exclusive prepaid card, but debit+prepaid. Under BBPS, is it the NCMC recharge option ? It says error while fetching billers.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Okay. IOB has a different payment channel saying offline wallet in addition to POS, E Com, Contactless etc. That's why asked.

No. Only option to load prepaid wallet with DC is using mobile banking direct transfer from account. I am asking if there are any charges for that as it is not an exclusive prepaid card, but debit+prepaid. Under BBPS, is it the NCMC recharge option ? It says error while fetching billers.
Yes, Offline contactless limit is Rs200 per transaction (recently, upgrade to Rs500 per transaction limit).

If you get separate offline Contactless enabled option on IOB then enabled it.

I think no charges through mobile banking direct transfer from account.

NCMC recharge on BBPS is recently live and only support SBI NCMC Cards, other users are also facing some problem, we need to wait few more months and then it will go live and other banks NCMC cards will also added in future.