• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

zomato

TF Premier
RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam:

RuPay-JCB_Global_Card.jpg

The offer will be valid from May 1, 2024 to July 31, 2024

Offer source:

RuPay JCB Debit and Credit Cardholders can now avail 25% cashback on instore purchases* in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, USA and Vietnam

The maximum cashback amount per transaction will be ₹3,000, with an overall cap of ₹15,000 per card during the offer period.

jcb-cashback-camp-desk.jpg

JCB Cashback Campaign​

Applicability:
  • The Offer shall be applicable to RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit).
  • In order to avail the benefits under this offer(s), the RuPay cardholder(s) would be required to get their RuPay JCB Global Card activated for international transaction by contacting its card Issuing bank or via Net banking, Mobile banking, phone banking or branch banking services of respective issuing bank.
Offer/campaign period:

1st May 2024 till 31st July 2024 (both dates inclusive)

OFFER/CAMPAIGN DETAILS:​

• 25% cashback (capped at a maximum of ₹3,000/- per transaction) on RuPay JCB Global Card for successful Point of Sale (POS) transaction in countries Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, USA and Spain at any merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit).
  • There is no minimum amount of transaction to receive cashback
  • RuPay International card can qualify for the cashback during the campaign period i.e. from 1st May 2024 till 31st July 2024 (both dates inclusive). Cashback will be processed on all transactions performed in a day.
  • Maximum value of cashback is 25% of the transaction amount with the cap of ₹3,000.
  • All the transactions performed in a day by the RuPay JCB Global cardholder at any of the POS locations across countries Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, USA and Spain using an RuPay JCB Global card will qualify for 25% cashback capped at maximum of ₹ 3,000/-
  • A unique card is eligible to receive maximum ₹15,000/- cashback within cashback period.
  • The offer is not transferable and non-negotiable .
  • Incomplete / declined / invalid / returned /disputed or unauthorized/fraudulent transactions will not be considered for the offer.
  • The Cashback amount (in INR) will be credited in the RuPay JCB Global Cardholders respective bank account through his/her Card Issuing Bank, within 60 days of the transaction date which is qualified for receiving cashback.
Terms and Conditions:
  • National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) will not be responsible or liable in case the transaction could not be done due to but not limited to malfunction, delay, traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website.
  • NPCI will not be liable for any issues on account of incorrect swipes done at the merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit) or for any technical problems with swipe machines at any merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card.
  • NPCI may, at any time change, amend, add or delete the terms and conditions associated with the campaign and communicate the changes to the member banks from time to time.
  • NPCI also reserves the right to discontinue the campaign without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
  • NPCI holds out no warranty or makes no representation about the quality, delivery or otherwise of the goods and services offered/sold by the merchant who is accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card. Any dispute or claim regarding the goods and services must be resolved by the Cardholder/s with merchant who is accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card directly without any reference to NPCI.
  • NPCI shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss/ damage/ claim that may arise out of use or otherwise of any goods/ services availed of by the RuPay Card Holder/s under the campaign.
  • Decision made by NPCI will be final and binding on all member banks.
  • Any RuPay Cardholder (having a valid active RuPay JCB Global Card) participating in this campaign shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
  • The terms and conditions of the campaign shall be in addition to and not in substitution / derogation to the Primary Terms and Conditions governing the RuPay JCB Global Card.
sadly merchants are denying JCB card for payment in malaysia, only some places accept it.

my hotel too denied JCB as a valid payment option.

eldraco

TF Buzz
I visited my nearest branch to apply for this Rupay JCB card. I have a savings account with SBI which is of 'Platinum' segmentation (as I can see in my netbanking portal'. However, they said that I am required to have a salary account with more than 1 lakh salary to be eligible for this card. They couldn't clarify whats the requirement for savings account. Is there anything I can do or tell them? I tried telling them that savings account are eligible too with >2 lakh AQB (i.e. platinum segment), but the staff told me to speak with the service manager, who wasn't present in the office at that time.

@Abhishek012 Any suggestions on what I can do?

drsel

TF Legend
I visited my nearest branch to apply for this Rupay JCB card. I have a savings account with SBI which is of 'Platinum' segmentation (as I can see in my netbanking portal'. However, they said that I am required to have a salary account with more than 1 lakh salary to be eligible for this card. They couldn't clarify whats the requirement for savings account. Is there anything I can do or tell them? I tried telling them that savings account are eligible too with >2 lakh AQB (i.e. platinum segment), but the staff told me to speak with the service manager, who wasn't present in the office at that time.

Don't bother to take so much trouble!
after all this trouble if the JCB card is not accepted in the foreign country you are travelling to, you will feel very frustrated!!

Go to another branch

eldraco

TF Buzz
Don't bother to take so much trouble!
after all this trouble if the JCB card is not accepted in the foreign country you are travelling to, you will feel very frustrated!!
I have an upcoming trip to Malaysia and was thinking of using this card to withdraw local cash for free instead of currency exchange and also to avail the 25% POS cashback offer.

drsel

TF Legend
I have an upcoming trip to Malaysia and was thinking of using this card to withdraw local cash for free instead of currency exchange and also to avail the 25% POS cashback offer.
Some people said that many ATM machines in Malaysia do not charge you anything for cash withdrawal.
Even if your JCB card does not charge any fees it is a completely free withdrawal

eldraco

TF Buzz
Some people said that many ATM machines in Malaysia do not charge you anything for cash withdrawal.
Even if your JCB card does not charge any fees it is a completely free withdrawal
True, but other debit cards will bear a forex charge of around 4%. However, SBI JCB card has zero forex, thats why I am trying to get this card.

TF Select
Is it zero withdrawal charges in Bali/Indonesia also?

If someone has visited Bali, which local banks have zero ATM usage charges?

Sometimes we are charged by both, Indian Banks (e.g., Fi charges Rs.236) as well visited country bank for ATM usage.

That is usually the case but surprisingly some people say Malaysian ATMs do not charge anything
In dubai some atms display forex conversion will apply like that and some atms don't display any forex conversion will apply message so this atms not charging any extra fee from us so I think atms in other countries atms also same will happen I think

eldraco

TF Buzz
Go to another branch
I took printouts of the eligibility criteria from SBI website (i.e. platinum segment accounts are eligible for platinum cards), went back to the same branch and told them that what they were saying is not applicable for Rupay JCB card ('RPJ') and other Rupay platinum cards like 'REP' and 'IRP'. Any regular savings account holder of diamond and platinum segment can apply for these. I pointed out that 1L+ salary requirement is applicable for SBI platinum Rupay select card launched last year ('SRA'). (In fact all 4 cards launched last year i.e. gold/diamond/platinum/rhodeum are for salary accounts only.) They accepted my application form without saying another word.

I took printouts of the eligibility criteria from SBI website (i.e. platinum segment accounts are eligible for platinum cards), went back to the same branch and told them that what they were saying is not applicable for Rupay JCB card ('RPJ') and other Rupay platinum cards like 'REP' and 'IRP'. Any regular savings account holder of diamond and platinum segment can apply for these. I pointed out that 1L+ salary requirement is applicable for SBI platinum Rupay select card launched last year ('SRA'). (In fact all 4 cards launched last year i.e. gold/diamond/platinum/rhodeum are for salary accounts only.) They accepted my application form without saying another word.
Good and
My account is silver segment regular account but my debit card is IRP( rupay iocl card).
Some Sbi branch's people have no knowledge about Rupay-JCB Rupay debit card

eldraco

TF Buzz
Good and
My account is silver segment regular account but my debit card is IRP( rupay iocl card).
Some Sbi branch's people have no knowledge about Rupay-JCB Rupay debit card
Somehow, I find most Indian banks' staff clueless about these debit/credit cards in general. Seems like if you visit 10 different branches, they will all tell you different rules/criteria for the same product. I kid you not, once a branch manager told me that SBI rupay platinum cards are available to only accounts with more than 10L AQB. Over that, I believe that their backend systems are also not really coded properly with defined rules and parameters. Everything seems very randomnly assigned with bare minimum parameters.

dbharani

TF Neo
@Abhishek012
Will the cashback be credited in my credit card itself? The TnC says - it will be credited in bank account. I do not have any bank account with Indusind bank whose JCB card I am planning to use.
Thanks in advance!