• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay CC UPI to Paytm merchant QR is not working

Akash Topder

TF Premier
I can not send payments to Paytm merchant QR from my Rupay CC linked to UPI with BHIM app. Tried Paytm, Mobikwik and Phonepe apps too but the paytm merchant QR us not accepting payments from linked Rupay CCs. What am I doing wrong here?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I can not send payments to Paytm merchant QR from my Rupay CC linked to UPI with BHIM app. Tried Paytm, Mobikwik and Phonepe apps too but the paytm merchant QR us not accepting payments from linked Rupay CCs. What am I doing wrong here?
Rupay cc could not be used to transfer money to p2pm accounts. What's most probably happening is that merchant you are trying to send money have under 50k upi intake and as a result is classified under p2pm category instead of p2m category where they might need to pay MDR.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Rupay cc could not be used to transfer money to p2pm accounts. What's most probably happening is that merchant you are trying to send money have under 50k upi intake and as a result is classified under p2pm category instead of p2m category where they might need to pay MDR.
I see. That is my friend's shop. Any idea how to convert P2PM category merchant to P2M category merchant?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Any idea how to convert P2PM category merchant to P2M category merchant?
It's in your friend's hand. I don't think it would be beneficial for him. Converting to p2m would involve paying MDR.

They would need to contact paytm(or any other provider that onboarded them) and request conversion. If they were over ₹50k inward upi transactions for 3 concecutive months, they would have been converted already.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
It's in your friend's hand. I don't think it would be beneficial for him. Converting to p2m would involve paying MDR.

They would need to contact paytm(or any other provider that onboarded them) and request conversion. If they were over ₹50k inward upi transactions for 3 concecutive months, they would have been converted already.
I see. But about the MDR, isn't any transaction that is under 2000 free from any MDR even if it's sent from Wallet UPI or Rupay CC UPI?