• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

palvannan

TF Select
Received the card today . Please suggest if I should unbox the card or not ?
No problem in unboxing and activating it, but preferably don't spend anything using that card , till you get all the old ER points transferred to loyalty partners at 5:4 . You can use your old magnus card for 45 days ( from upgrade date) without any issue , if you want to keep the BM bucket zero for getting all the other regular ER points ( from debit/Select credit card etc) also converted at 5:4

seekndestroy99

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No problem in unboxing and activating it, but preferably don't spend anything using that card , till you get all the old ER points transferred to loyalty partners at 5:4 . You can use your old magnus card for 45 days ( from upgrade date) without any issue , if you want to keep the BM bucket zero for getting all the other regular ER points ( from debit/Select credit card etc) also converted at 5:4
If I do a ₹ 1 transaction just to keep the card active, that should be fine right? Since it won't give any RP

palvannan

TF Select
If I do a ₹ 1 transaction just to keep the card active, that should be fine right? Since it won't give any RP
Yes you can spend some amount ( less than 200) like for registering/saving the card in payment sites etc. But there is no real need to do that to keep it active. I am holding the new Burgundy magnus card for last 3 weeks and not made any purchases on it and it is active only.

insight

TF Ace
No problem in unboxing and activating it, but preferably don't spend anything using that card ,
Can you elaborate on this?
till you get all the old ER points transferred to loyalty partners at 5:4 .
You can use your old magnus card for 45 days ( from upgrade date) without any issue , if you want to keep the BM bucket zero for getting all the other regular ER points ( from debit/Select credit card etc) also converted at 5:4
I have kept the card but havent done the UNBOX process using App yet. So confused about these buckets.

seekndestroy99

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes you can spend some amount ( less than 200) like for registering/saving the card in payment sites etc. But there is no real need to do that to keep it active. I am holding the new Burgundy magnus card for last 3 weeks and not made any purchases on it and it is active only.
Yeah same here, but I used the old Magnus once to book meet and greet, so not sure if old magnus usage affects the new magnus anyhow?

palvannan

TF Select

I have kept the card but havent done the UNBOX process using App yet. So confused about these buckets.
After you get the new Burgundy Magnus card ( upgrade or new) you will get the new Burgundy Magnus bucket ( in Travel edge site) , with zero points . As long as this bucket is zero , you can convert your existing old ER points ( which were earned using old magnus credit card, Burgundy debit card , Select /infinite credit cards etc) to your linked loyalty partners ( like Club vistara, Mariott , Accor etc) at 5:4 ratio. But once you start getting ER points by using new credit card , points will appear in BM bucket , preventing you to transfer the normal ER points either at 5:2 or 5:4 , until the BM becomes zero by transferring all the points there first and making BM balance zero again !
Hence spending on old magnus card is advisable to avoid this problem until you have transferred all normal ER points , old monthly milestone points , AEP points etc as much as possible. But you can activate the new card and spend less than rs 200 , so that you don't get any new ER points in BM bucket , but it will enable you to get welcome vouchers in case of new LTF card.

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After you get the new Burgundy Magnus card ( upgrade or new) you will get the new Burgundy Magnus bucket ( in Travel edge site) , with zero points . As long as this bucket is zero , you can convert your existing old ER points ( which were earned using old magnus credit card, Burgundy debit card , Select /infinite credit cards etc) to your linked loyalty partners ( like Club vistara, Mariott , Accor etc) at 5:4 ratio. But once you start getting ER points by using new credit card , points will appear in BM bucket , preventing you to transfer the normal ER points either at 5:2 or 5:4 , until the BM becomes zero by transferring all the points there first and making BM balance zero again !
Hence spending on old magnus card is advisable to avoid this problem until you have transferred all normal ER points , old monthly milestone points , AEP points etc as much as possible. But you can activate the new card and spend less than rs 200 , so that you don't get any new ER points in BM bucket , but it will enable you to get welcome vouchers in case of new LTF card.
Totally agree ...

I am struggling to make my MB Points Zero .... and suffering big time ....

palvannan

TF Select
Totally agree ...

I am struggling to make my MB Points Zero .... and suffering big time ....
What is the balance points in your BM bucket and I can suggest a method if it is possible to make it zero , by one spend ( with one week wait time) or two spends ( with two weeks wait time) or not easily possible if you have got odd number points due to AEP credit.

Jack_S

TF Buzz
Any idea how long the bonus reward points takes to get credited? Made some big purchases last month 18th and 19th. Still waiting for bonus ER. Does it really take full 45 days after transection?

palvannan

TF Select
Any idea how long the bonus reward points takes to get credited? Made some big purchases last month 18th and 19th. Still waiting for bonus ER. Does it really take full 45 days after transection?
Roughly around 40 to 45 days from the end of the month in which transactions took place , for the AEPs to be credited. So around 15th Jan in your case for Nov eligible spends/ transactions exceeding 1.5 lakhs.

insight

TF Ace
After you get the new Burgundy Magnus card ( upgrade or new) you will get the new Burgundy Magnus bucket ( in Travel edge site) , with zero points .

As long as this bucket is zero , you can convert your existing old ER points ( which were earned using old magnus credit card, Burgundy debit card , Select /infinite credit cards etc) to your linked loyalty partners ( like Club vistara, Mariott , Accor etc) at 5:4 ratio.

But once you start getting ER points by using new credit card , points will appear in BM bucket , preventing you to transfer the normal ER points either at 5:2 or 5:4 , until the BM becomes zero by transferring all the points there first and making BM balance zero again !

Hence spending on old magnus card is advisable to avoid this problem until you have transferred all normal ER points , old monthly milestone points , AEP points etc as much as possible.

But you can activate the new card and spend less than rs 200 , so that you don't get any new ER points in BM bucket , but it will enable you to get welcome vouchers in case of new LTF card.
Thanks for detailing and clarifying.

I've highlighted for clarity of reading the "conditional" parameters in play. @Copycat

Raj2022

TF Buzz
@palvannan Can you please tell me if normal ER transfer gets deducted from total ER transfer quota? Currently I have 7+L points and will have additional 10+L points before end of next year. Burgundy Magnus is possible only after January(maintaing 10L balance since Nov). I can transfer 5L points at 5:2 this calendar year but I want avoid it if possible; your input will be much appreciated.

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
@palvannan Can you please tell me if normal ER transfer gets deducted from total ER transfer quota? Currently I have 7+L points and will have additional 10+L points before end of next year. Burgundy Magnus is possible only after January(maintaing 10L balance since Nov). I can transfer 5L points at 5:2 this calendar year but I want avoid it if possible; your input will be much appreciated.
Better Wait don't go for 5:2

Raj2022

TF Buzz
Thanks for the suggestion. My dilemma is that should I go for point transfer of 5L@5:2(for 2023)+10L@5:4(for 2024) OR possible 17L@5:4(in 2024). I definitely don't want only transfer of 10L@5:4. I think someone with an active Burgundy Magnus would be able to clarify this. Thanks in advance!