• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Revision in the HDFC Bank Credit Card Reward Points Program & Fee structure w.e.f 1st January 2023

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you are sure to cross 5L then take DCB any day it's still one of the top cards out there if used properly. Also if you can hit 8L you get all those benefits too

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Payzapp Redgiraffe comes in insurance category. I think it will still give points.
I know this is going away from 1st Jan'23 but I am struggling with this, registered for first time on redgirraffe in Nov'22 and made first payment of rent and mts on Payzapp through regalia card in Dec'22, but in the credit card statement generated no points credited. Is it something to do with discription "Instapay Non BBPS PAYNOW" I have raised the issue with HDFC team, is there anything in the process that i did wrong, Can anyone please clarify?

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I know this is going away from 1st Jan'23 but I am struggling with this, registered for first time on redgirraffe in Nov'22 and made first payment of rent and mts on Payzapp through regalia card in Dec'22, but in the credit card statement generated no points credited. Is it something to do with discription "Instapay Non BBPS PAYNOW" I have raised the issue with HDFC team, is there anything in the process that i did wrong, Can anyone please clarify?
Apologies, didn't realize that Payzapp Redgirraffe is counted as Insurance payment. Thanks for this clarification @Harry1 @TechnoFino, Checked the credit card statement again, reward points for Insurance are shown separately. For now got the points:), as you say not sure from Jan'23, Will use Magnus then.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For DCB, the yearly Dineout passport membership for welcome and renewal benefit is gone from Feb. Replaced with swiggy one but only for 3 months instead of yearly membership 🙄

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I understand it correctly, HDFC will levy charge of 1% on second rental transaction. Does that mean that there won't be charges on the first transaction?
Considering that Magnus is also will have similar levy from March, what are the members who pay rent using credit card going about it?

As there is no reward points on rent payment only incentive to do the rent payment through card will be if it is counted towards the Spend criteria for reversal of membership fees, or if it is counted towards the spend milestone on CC like Magnus.

What are the view of the other members on this?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If I understand it correctly, HDFC will levy charge of 1% on second rental transaction. Does that mean that there won't be charges on the first transaction?
Considering that Magnus is also will have similar levy from March, what are the members who pay rent using credit card going about it?

As there is no reward points on rent payment only incentive to do the rent payment through card will be if it is counted towards the Spend criteria for reversal of membership fees, or if it is counted towards the spend milestone on CC like Magnus.

What are the view of the other members on this?
Rent won’t be counted for monthly milestone in Magnus

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Rent won’t be counted for monthly milestone in Magnus
I guess it wont be fruitful to do payment from Magnus just for ER then, considering the 1%+GST charge plus convenience fees collected by service provider.